cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone won't stop emailing and texting me about my Sure Signal having moved.

Growltiger
4: Newbie

My first Sure Signal (first generation) was unreliable. After months asking here and trying everything, I eventually threw it away and bought a new one

My second Sure Signal worked perfectly. Until it reached two years old, then it died completely. (Probably the internal power supply). I threw it away and bought a new one.

My third Sure Signal works perfectly so far, but I made the mistake of testing it at a temporary location before installing it at its final destination.

Vodafone have kept up a barrage of emails and texts telling me how important it is that I login and tell it my correct address. It already was correct, but I have now done this four times, carefully following the instructions. I even changed it to a different address then changed it back in the hope that might work. But nothing will stop the stream of emails and texts.

What will happen? Will they turn it off so I can't use it? Will they keep harrassing me forever? I have been very patient but this is annoying. Help!

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I can see why this would be an annoying situation. 

One faq I can see that's close to the issue is > How-do-I-move-my-Vodafone-Sure-Signal-to-a-new-location.

I appreciate if you've tried this already. 

Perhaps Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat who can access your account can help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks, but yes I tried that. In fact in the emails they give more detailed instructions which I have also followed.

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome.  :Smiling:

Perhaps then contacting Customer Services will bear more fruit. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Growltiger

If you did not deregister the Sure Signal before disposal, it would still be registered to your account and active on Vodafone systems.

If you use Live Chat and ask them to deregister the disposed Sure Signal from your account, you should then receive a message to let you know the device is no longer registered and the message will also stop.

If you continue to receive the annoying messages, the Team here will be the best ones to get this sorted for you.

Thanks. I did deregister the dead one. Only the new one appears on my account.

I'll try live chat.

Live chat say they have fixed it...

BandOfBrothers

@Growltiger wrote:

Live chat say they have fixed it...

Fingers crossed. 

Current Phone  >

Guess what. At 08:41 this morning I had yet another text saying the same thing.

What do I do next?

I had a new idea. I deregistered the SureSignal, then I registered it again. Perhaps this will clear the problem.