Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodaphone have blocked certain IP adresses of valid UK ISPs

lektroluxe
2: Seeker

Hi,

Vodaphone are incorrecly blocking genuine UK IP blocks and smaller ISPs.

Vodaphone unblocked our IP range a year or so ago and the sure signal worked after we compained on these forums.

Now they have blocked it again!!

They are disruptng genuine customers service and it's unacceptable.

Vodaphones 3G network is already unacceptable in terms of coverage anyway.

The suresignal is already using our internet connections and we are still paying full price for the calls and data if it even worked.

The fact it has such a basic and rudimntary issues just makes the whole Vodaphone service useless for us.

We don't have time to be cut of and then the only way we can get a message to you is by writing on the forum? I think we have had the suresignal working for a few months after we complained on this forum and waited another month for our IPs to be unblocked. Now theyhave been blocked again!

I'm sorry but your service is unacceptable and I wll be cancelling my Vodphone contratcts and never renewing.

Three has a far superior product in every way immaginable. And they have such good coverage you don't even need a suresignal.

I can't believe we actually paid for the Suresignal. It may as well have been a dorrstop fpr the ammount of use we haveactually had from it.

If it wasn't for these really obvious ###### ups due to some security reasons it may atually work!

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:
Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

LeeH

lektroluxe

If you have the tools to monitor your network traffic it's quite easy to tell if your IP is blocked. For example with a router like Mikroitk using the torch tool.

If you isolate other devices from your router except your PC and the suresignal and watch the traffic you will see a Ipsec VPN traffic to a Vodaphone IP.

If there is no RX traffic at all but only TX traffic then they ar dropping your packets and there is no point trying anything else until they unblock it.

Problem is there is no real way to do that except by spamming the forum?

Hi lektroluxe,

When it comes to an IP range we can only allow access to an IP range that is registered in the UK.

Failure to do this would mean that if you then took it abroad and used it you would be setting up your own network without the local government’s permission or paying the licensing fees over there.

This would then mean that you would incur a very hefty fine.

By restricting the IP addresses we are protecting our customers from this happening.

Once an IP range has been added to our whitelist, this isn’t removed unless the internet provider changes the registration to a non UK address.

If your internet provider changes your IP range to something that’s not on the whitelist then we will need to check the new range and add it for you.

So we can check your current IP against the whitelist, please let me know your external IP from here.

James

Hi,

My IP is dynamic but currently:

The whole subnet is:

109.234.176.0/21

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2785525706.png

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\tony>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.2.1
2 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms billing.click4internet.com [109.234.177.2]
3 9 ms 11 ms 12 ms 84.45.117.241
4 11 ms 20 ms 11 ms cg1-cg4.c4l.co.uk [84.45.90.126]
5 9 ms 10 ms 13 ms cg4-cg3.c4l.co.uk [84.45.90.41]
6 88 ms 75 ms 25 ms cg3-wolverine.c4l.co.uk [84.45.90.82]
7 25 ms 21 ms 20 ms lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
8 20 ms 19 ms 20 ms 85.205.116.14
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.

Best Regards.

Hi lektroluxe,

I've checked and this IP is on our whitelist, so this has not been blocked. The traceroute also shows that your connection is reaching our servers.

Do you have your Sure Signal serial number so we can take a look from this end for you?

Also, what light sequence do you see on your Sure Signal? Is each light flashing, lit or off?

Dave