cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What do I do for help now the thread regarding our problems has been locked?

duncanblowe
4: Newbie

So. Several of us have problems with our SS3, getting flashing red plus two solid orange. 

VF tech support have not been very forthcoming, but now to top it all the thread has been locked. So do we have to start a whole new thread to try to get it fixed?

I was about to return my unit for repair, but another person with the same problem did that and still has the same issue.

We have all:

opened all the ports even though the VSS worked without it before.

tried another ethernet cable

tried resetting the VSS

got frustrated at the lack of helpful responses from VF tech support.

been surprised that other users have provided better response than VF.

4 REPLIES 4

duncanblowe
4: Newbie

My VSS V3 hasn't been working for almost four weeks.

I posted the requested information.

I've tried resetting.

I've messed about with port forwarding.

I put it into a DMZ.

I spent almost an hour queueing in a VF shop to test it in another location.

I've changed the registered postcode.

I've de-registered and re-registered.

I've got irritated and frustrated about getting no real help for the problem.

I was about to return it for repair when I heard another user with the same problem found the repair made no difference.

I've never been told if my VSS is actually making contact with the VF servers.

What's my next step?

@duncanblowe - So we can help further, can you let us know which internet service provider (ISP) you’re using?

As it might be a setting on the router that needs looking at.

We can take a look at the unit if it’s under one year old.

Take a look at our repair process for further information on how to arrange this.

The repair process link is broken. Still. Just like it is every time VF tech support post it.

My ISP is Post Office Broadband.

It could be the router but I doubt it as it's been working fine while I was on talktalk, and for several months since the change. I have changed nothing in the router configuration, nor upgraded any firmware. In fact the problem started while I was away.

Or at least I hadn't changed anything. I've made a lot of changes while trying to fix this problem.

Right. So I fixed it myself. Although it's through other helpful users on this site, not because of VF tech support.

I changed a setting in the router, related to fragmented packets. 

Now VF tech support will tell people that my set-up won't work because I use PPPoE and a separate modem. It had been working for nine months but stopped four weeks ago. 

Anyone having trouble with PPPoE have a read of the threads. I suspect some equipment has been changed somewhere in the network that was previously preventing my problem with fragmented packets but had now started causing it.