cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What is the expected life of the Vodafone SureSignal 3?

lparn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, I can see lots of people whose SureSignal devices go dead after 2 years. I have had mine 2 and a half years and the device is completely dead. Power is still being supplied via the intergrated socket on the device,  but there are no lights on the unit itself and i am not getting a useable phone signal. I can see many comments/threads where Vodafone support staff are recommending that users buy a new device if the device is over 2 years old rather than repair. Mine is a Sure Signal 3 so i can't buy a new power supply and i can't find any information on replacing fuses. 
Does this mean that Vodafone exepct loyal customers to pay for a monthly contract, and on top of this pay £50 per year for a booster to be able to use the contract, because their coverage is so poor in some areas?

I woudl suggest that the SureSignal device is not fit for purpose if it only has a life of just over 2 years and Vodafone should not be badging and selling such a device.

I live in a town, not an isolated rural farm and other Mobile phone providers such as EE have a 4G signal here, with Vodafone i can't even get 3G. 

I have been a Vodafone customer for over 20 years but if this is the case i am moving to EE where i can get a signal! 

10 REPLIES 10

gsmsecure
12: Established
12: Established
Please take a look at my post (link below) in relation to SureSignal V3 units failing with all lights out and the reasons why..

IF YOUR DEVICE HAS FAILED WITH THE LIGHTS OUT THEN THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE INTERNAL COMPONENTS HAVE BEEN DESTROYED BY HEAT AND CONTINUING TO LEAVE IT CONNECTED CARRIES A SMALL FIRE RISK. VODAFONE SHOULD NOT BE RECOMMENDING ANY OTHER ACTION THAN TO REMOVE IT FROM THE MAINS IMMEDIATELY.

Please report the failed unit to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct on 0345 4040506 who are investigating why so many of these units are failing catastrophically and that they are potentially a fire hazard when they do fail.

Trading Standards need to know about any failure where all lights are out as it is suspected that components on the power supply PCB has suffered extreme heat or voltages. Whether or not Vodafone replace under warranty or you have been told to go buy another, report it.

If you were near to the unit when it failed you probably would have witnessed a loud bang with a bright flash.

These units fail anytime from new within a week to around two and a half years. Consumer law covers you to claim compensation or a refund as you should have reasonably expected it to have lasted longer.

You can use the UK courts to claim for up to six years from date of purchase so even if yours failed a while ago you can still make a claim.

For over three years Vodafone claim these devices are reliable and safe and have not addressed why so many are failing with heat damaged components inside.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Suresignal-V3-Overheated-Hot-Burnt-out-amp-Dead...

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)