Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What is the point of this forum?

jhopkins
4: Newbie

Yesterday I spent a  fair  amount of time on this forum in an attempt  at getting  one of  my Suresignals  to work. This included provided a Technical support  person with an assortment of  data that she requested.  The response??....zero. This  prompted  me to loook through other posts and  the  patternt is a  standard one.....complainant details the problem, 'techie' expresses  regret and then asks omplainant to provide a list of data ( BB speeds, traceroutes  etc.) and then there is no response at all. So, my question is...does  this forum  serve  any useful function at all?......or is it just for  window-dressing?

5 REPLIES 5

jhopkins
4: Newbie

Bump

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Your answer is that this forum provides a very useful service. Only general queries and information are in the public domain. Account specific assistance is given privately.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Thank you. So perhaps  you could tell me  why I had to give all  the persoanl  infoprmation  relating to my  SS/router/pc  in public here.....and how do I contact  this private assistance  that you mention.

jeffkinn

You have to wait for the team to contact you. All threads and posts are monitored but it takes at least 48 hours to get a response. Bumping a thread won't get it looked at any quicker.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

OK..that's fine....it is now at least 5  days since  I posted  the  requested  data on here...in fact, the thread  has  been  inactive  for so long  that I can't  even locate  it  in the list of threads. So, just one question remains...is 5  days  more  or less than 48 hours? And while we're  chatting,  do you think it might be an idea if someone  from Customer  Services  had  a look at this  forum?...rarely  have  I seen  so much vitriol  from customers  as I see on this  site.....if I was  running  Vodaphone, I'd be worried  about losing my customer  base.