Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What's The Point of 'Sure Signal?

froggerty
16: Advanced member

I, and I'm sure many others will want to also, want to know what is the point of this device? Having done a lot or reading about it it seems that it will only work if your internet speed is at least 3.5Mb and to me it's only another sort of router, does it actually improve your phone signal reception in a poor coverage area or just encourage you to use more internet on your phone? Where I'm located I receive less than 3Mb of internet speed and very poor mobile phone signal, I have to put my phone in a window to get one bar indoors and go outdoors to get 2 bars. I think Vodafone should concentrate on improving their mobile signal coverage first before trying to sell a device that to me seems a useless waste of £100, that's chucking good money after bad. I'm 1000 feet above sea level, receive my television signal from a transmitter that's 50 miles away with an indoor portable antenna with a signal strength at the top end of the scale, why is the Vodafone signal so weak?

6 REPLIES 6

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi froggerty,

The Sure Signal uses your home broadband connection so doesn’t use any of your mobile data.

It’s perfect to create a 3G signal in and around your home.

I’d recommend taking a look at our Sure Signal information and frequently asked questions here, so that you can see what you need for it to work.

If you'd like us to check the network in your area please see our Network Troubleshooting.

Thanks

Gemma

froggerty
Gemma

I still think that in my situation this device would not work simply because I receive far less than the required intenet connection speed quoted to operate it. In my location Vodafone signal is very poor and I am in my oppinion paying enough for the service now without wasting another amount of money on something that may or may not work. Unless I could try it and see for myself if it would work I certainly would not invest in it.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi froggerty,

You could certainly test one of our Sure Signal’s if you like.

We do offer a 7 day return policy.

We’ve seen some cases where it’s worked on a slightly lower internet speed.

Thanks,

Gemma

froggerty
Where I am I would need more than 7 days! It's been taking a lot longer than that to get out anywhere with the recent weather conditions and then you're not certain if you'll even be able to get to your destination. Lots of people have been without power for almost a week at a time, no landline phone, no computer, things that a lot of City dwellers never even think about We don't all live in the towns and Cities, far from it.

Hi froggerty,

You get 7 days from when the device is delivered.

If you’re not able to get it working, just give us a call within the 7 days and we will arrange for it to be returned.

As long as you do contact us within the 7 days, we can return it.

James

froggerty
Thank you James for your reply but at this moment in time I will not be persuing this as the frequency that I receive calls onmy mobile whilst at home is not woth the investment if it did wotk. My initial question was to find out how the system worksand that has now been answered and that answer seems to be no as my broadband speed is way below the required speed. Perhaps Vodafone should invest in improving signal coverage in poor reception areas.