cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Will SureSignal work reliably with 6Mbit broadband connection?

jeremydonaldson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

My old v1 SureSignal had been gathering dust for some time due to it being switched off because I found that, while it worked most of the time, it tended to drop calls when Outlook did an email sync, which became more annoying than the generally poor Vodafone signal I get in my home office.

However, having had my work phone switched from an old Blackberry to an iPhone 6, I now find the call quality totally unacceptable. I tried switching my v1 SureSignal on again and it simply did nothing, so I have now binned it.

I have to do something. Skype isn't working well enough (also due to bandwidth I presume) and so I have been looking at the latest SureSignal. However before spending £100 on buying it, I want to be confident that it won't suffer from the same drop-out problems that the v1 device did. Given that I am working with the same 6Mbit (on a good day) broadband connection, it would be helpful to know: -

1. Is the latest SureSignal better at delivering audio calls over narrow bandwidth than the v1 device?
  2. Is the latest device able to prioritise its traffic to ensure that it gets enough bandwidth to operate well, while other applications such as Outlook are synchronising/competing for bandwidth?

Also, why is it that I have to pay £100 for a piece of hardware on Vodafone while other mobile telcos are offering free downloadable apps (eg. TuGo on O2 and a similar app on Three) to achieve the same thing??

Thanks in anticipation.

Jeremy

1 REPLY 1

davidjwalker
5: Helper

6 Mbit broadband can run a sure signal v3 but be carefull it use about 4mb of it depends on how many phones connected to it it can go up to 5mb if you have alot of phones connected but one will not take that much of mb's