Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Worth investing in Sure Signal?

Footiemagpie1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I am due for an upgrade on my contract and am considering an iphone 5. I currently have a Blackberry Torch and can get virtually no Vodafone signal in my house. I have been a Vodafone customer for about 10 years and recently moved, after which I discovered the issue with the Vodafone reception. I can get coverage outiside, just not in the house, so I wondered whether the Sure Signal would be any use? Does it just boost the signal in areas that generally have poor Vodafone coverage, or would it work in my house too? I am reluctant to take out a new contract with Vodafone and buy the Sure Signal if I then discover it doesn't work but I am tied in for another 24 months plus have paid out £100 for the signal booster if it doesn't work.

Any help / advice would be great. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

A Sure Signal is like Wi Fi - it gives you a perfect 3G for the area all around the Sure Signal box. I have one in my house and it works perfectly. You need to have a decent broadband connection to be able to support the Sure Signal. Also individual phones have to be registered to the device before it can be used. Your Sure Signal 3G output cannot be picked up and just just used by anyone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Magicman13
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Sure signal plugs in to your Modem and provides a 3G signal within a 30 metre range (similar to a WiFi signal, the range could drop as it cannot penetrate thick walls too well etc).

You need a minimum broadband speed of 1mb upload and 300kps upload. and up to 4 users can use the service at any one time but you can register multiple devices to the device.

Respice post te, mortalem te esse memento