cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Yet another issue with Vodafone Customer Care!! Contract Cancellation?

katy_kitsch
4: Newbie

Well, here I go yet again, fuming with Vodafone!!! 

I have never come across worse service. And I've worked in an industry where I was dealing with different customer service departments every day!

Two+ weeks ago my Sure Signal just stopped working. On investigation I realised it was completely dead. No power or response when resetting t, etc. It's plugged into an anit-surge bar so I have no idea what's happened. I contacted Vodafone by chat. The adviser agreed the Sure Signal was broken and asked me to take it to my local store which is over 25miles away. I asked the advisor if the store was open on a Sunday and the reassured me it was. On the Sunday I drove all the way to the store with the Sure Signal only to find the shop is always shut on a Sunday. A complete waste of my time, money and a 50mile trip!!

I was away on holiday after that so only contacted them again this week. The advisor this time was slow to respond, didn't seem to give a damn and then said I had to speak to them on the phone to check the Sure Signal was broken (yes, I think we already established earlier that it's not working at all). I pointed out (politely) that I was unable to speak on the phone as I have no reception on my mobile and.. They ended the chat!!!!!!

Disgusted yet again with the service and attitude of Vodafone. I've considered leaving so many times but have been tied by the fact I needed Sure Signal. Other networks do similar now so I think it might be time to leave. Can anyone advise me on  how hard/easy it would be to cancel mid contract (mine and husbands number are on the same account) given the poor service? 

22 REPLIES 22

Unfortunately i think you probably are stuffed. Remember that when you come to renew...

Best bet - pick up a sure signal box when you can - if they will even honour that (take any supporting evidence/ emails etc).

When your contract finishes flog the lot on ebay and move on.

Corporations like this lot don't give a monkeys about personal service and the system is deliberately set up to frustrate and avoid reasonable care to the consumer.

If you had all the time in the world and a tame Barrister you could have fun running rings round them but for normal mortals life's too short!

Good luck.

Hi @katy_kitsch

Please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Laura

Laura

Whether this user is still active or not, they should have been given a free replacement or repair as so many issues have since come to light.

She was completely within her consumer rights to a repair or replacement as as it affected her signal at home, she would have had grounds to claim that the SureSignal was not of "satisfactorily quality" and therefore good reason to have terminated the contract itself as it was purchased in order to provide the signal that the device no longer supplied.

I would have spent the £35 to bring this to court myself, just to test the outcome.

If Katy is still on this forum, contact me immediately and I will advise you on your rights to a refund of the original purchase and also any other incurred costs, especially if they failed to replace and held you to remain in contract.

She has 6 years to claim her Statutory rights and this includes failure of the power supply on Version 1 & 2 and for a new device if Version 3.

DO NOT stand behind this "2 years old and we are not interested" rubbish!! She has rights and a failed power supply within 6 years is NOT fair wear and tear, its a badly designed power supply....

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

Wrong thread...

Deleted content...

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

katy_kitsch
Laura, the unit is completely dead. No power or lights or anything.

cineriv
16: Advanced member

@ Katy,

It isn't clear on this thread which version of the Sure Signal you have, but it is fairly clear that the problem is the power supply.

There are 3 different versions, versions 1 & 2 do have a separate power supply which can easily obtained and fitted by yourself. They can be purchased from Amazon or Ebay for around £10 delivered, just search for "sure signal power supply".

Unfortunately, version 3 has a built in power supply and can only be returned to Vodafone for repair.

Regards.

Mike.

katy_kitsch
Thanks for your reply Mike. It's the oldest version (V1)I suspect it could be and did look up the power supplies on EBay the other day. Just don't want to buy a supply to find that's not what it is and then pay more for a new Sure Signal. (Reeeally don't want to fork out for one) I may try and get my sparky friend to test the power supply I have to ascertain if it's an issue..

cineriv

Hi Katy,

I fully understand your predicament, but replacing the power supply is the only way to determin the problem.

By all means get your friend to check it out, but ask him to check it under some form of load of around 1 Amp. otherwise it may give a false indication...... I sure he will understand!

Another way is to 'borrow' a 12 volt  1.5-2 Amp power supply from an appliance that you may already have, i.e. a power supply from an external hard drive or similar.

Good luck,

Mike.

tjHolbrook
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
For the past year and a half Vodafone have stole money out of my account and I haven't been getting a signal at random times of the day Vodafone have the worst customer service I've ever dealt with

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@tjHolbrook I've responded to your latest post on this thread. If you require further help, please use the details sent in the PM sent to you.