Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Z10 Sim Card

ansellrk
4: Newbie

Hi,

I've just got a new Z10 and swapped my old SIM for a new MicroSIM. I knew the Suresignal would take time to register it but 9 hours after the event my SIM still won't register.

So, tried removing the mobile number from the gateway and re-adding it (as I was the owner that was a bit of hassle).

However, even after doing that it still won't register properly. Any ideas to get this SIM sorted please?

SureSignal = 21196948968

Thanks

Rob

4 REPLIES 4

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Andsellrk,

The SureSignal users the unique serial number of your SIM to determine wether your phones allowed to connect or not. As this has changed it now thinks you phone is no londer allowed access. There are a few ways to fix this, they dont all work for everybody.

1. Wait - as frustrating as it can be waiting a day or so will usually solve this. It takes a short time for the change of SIM card to filter through the Vodafone systems and make it's way to your SureSignal.
  2. Re-Add your phone number - Some users have reported removing and adding the number to the Sure Signal fixes this. The problem you woulf have here is if the number is the main account, this canot be removed without de-registering the Sure Signal
  3. Sit tight for the eForum Team - They should be able to loook at the registration and see whats going on. They will be able to force an update of the SureSignal so it should pick up your new SIM ID

Nabs

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ansellrk, 

I’ve just resynced your device for you so, to make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
Once all lights display release the reset button.
The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Let me know if you're still experiencing issues. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi, sorry I didn't update sooner... been mad busy!

The SIM was working as soon as I got home (no need to reset Suresignal). This is the second SIM I've needed doing in the last 6 months and both times your "Resync" seems to do the trick so thanks.

All working as expected now. :smileywink:

Rob

Hi ansellrk,

Thanks for the update.

Give us a shout if you have any other problems. :Winking_smiley:

James