Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

deregister sure signal

mnbf9rca
2: Seeker

I have a vodafone SS which was associated with my account, and also my wife's phone. I didn't deregister it before i left vodafone, and now my wife is having problems with signal. Can you please deregister the device so that my wife can register it on her account? serial is: 40113660597

thanks

12 REPLIES 12

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

One of the eForum Team will be along in the next 24 - 48 hours to send you details of how to get in touch.  They will be able to help you get the device deregistered.

PWIAC

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mnbf9rca,

So we can deregister it securely for you, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, 

Ben

thanks. I completed the form you sent me to. i don't have a vodafone.com account any more (as i cancelled my contract) - hope that won't be a problem? i mean - if i did still have the vodafone.com account i could deregister it myself.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mnbf9rca,

That's not an issue. We can find your old account info and sort it for you. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, 

Ben

hi - i got a very unhelpful email from vodafone today (below). I don't have any more information than that which i gave before. To be honest, i don't even understand why you'd cancel my vodafone.com account if i have a suresignal registered, even if i don't have a phone service with you any more!

Hi ,

Thanks for your email here.

From your eForum post I understand that you wish to de-register your Sure Signal from the Vodafone number. We'll need to verify your Vodafone account before we can help you with this query.

Please re-submit the contact us form by following the instructions here. Please provide all the details about your cancelled Vodafone number to which the Sure Signal was originally registered.

Once we've got the details we'll look to resolve your query as soon as possible. 

Kind regards,

Sudeep (Surname removed for security)
Customer Service Agent (eForum)

Vodafone Limited
Vodafone HQ, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Registered in England No 1471587

drey_p

Your account is automatically ended when you leave Vodafone or cancel your contract, the onus is on you to deregister the device before it ends.

You'll need to provide the details about the account in order for them to be able to access it.  Check your original paperwork as you'll find most of the details you need there.

PWIAC

mnbf9rca
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm not a customer so I selected that first time around. This time I selected "pay monthly" as that's what I used to have.

It's very frustrating though as I don't have any paperwork for a phone I managed entirely online and for a network that I switched from over a year ago, other than the mobile number. I don't even see why this is so hard when the device is clearly associated with an obsolete account and I can provide whatever photographic evidence is needed that I am in physical possession of the device.

drey_p

It's not that simple. In order to pass data protection and for Vodafone to verify that they are speaking to the right person, they need the account details. 

PWIAC

mnbf9rca
And not sure why the online account would be ended when I still have services attached to it. At least automatically deregister the device so I can use it again.