Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

help with bt infinty home hub 4

stanley57
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello please can some one help me with my sure signal plug v3 on my plug i have three lights on the Fourth light is off my phone a galaxy note will not connect to it i have registered it online i am not very technical so if some body can help me with this please thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi stanley57,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

James

HI James thanks for your reply i would not have a clue how to do what you say i only got the box because it says it was plug in and go which it is not i see on the forum that there is a few people having trouble with bt infinty does any one know if i change the router instead of the home hub it would connect with out any trouble thanks 

Hi stanley57,

You’d need to get in touch with BT to ask them to push through a firmware update for you. This fixed the recent issue with BT infinity.

Thanks

Wayne

Hi Wayne i have the latest firmware on my home hub all the lights are on except the connect light it just wont connect to my phone i keep reading it has got to do with port forwarding i just dont understand how to do it i thought the box was plug and go 

Hi stanley57,

In most circumstances, when you plug your Sure Signal into your router, it’ll set up automatically.

There will be occasions when you need to manually set up your router.

You can get more information on how to check the ports on your Home Hub here.

We do have some help videos for Sure Signal, you can see them here.

If the above links don’t help, I’d suggest contacting BT and asking them to guide you through the port forwarding process.

The following ports need to be opened/forwarded on your Home Hub:-

Port Number

8          TCP      UDP

50         TCP      UDP

53         TCP      UDP

67                     UDP

68                     UDP

123                   UDP

500                   UDP

1723     TCP      UDP

4500                 UDP

33434 - 33445    UDP

So that we can provide more help, follow the links in James’ post and also provide your serial number.

Cheers,

Andy