Support:

Vodafone Sure Signal

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
jaxapierce

htc ons s will not connect to sure signal

I transferred my longstanding mobile number to a micro sim on purchasing a new htc one s, ever since I have not been able to connect to sure signal. I have tried setting phone to network mode to “WCDMA only”. Also forcing phone to connect to alternative network then back to vodafone, Sure signal help team have told me that there is an issue with all HTC one handsets and that I should replace my hand set with an alternative make and model!!

On going into a store they have asked my to try an alternative sure signal box. They think that as my existing sure s box is registered the the number above, they think that by setting up a new sure signal account registered to an alternative number. and adding my number as a user will get around the problem.

Message 40 of 115 (13,374 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
burnside

No signal since upgrading to HTC One X

Hi,

Suresignal was working fine on my old simcard up until yesterday.  Received an HTC One X, along with new microsim.  After transferring my number to the microsim, the new phone can't sync to the SureSignal.

I've followed the (bizarre) instructions of transferring ownership of the SS to a friend, who removed, then readded my number.  Still no joy though.  Have left the suresignal off since last night, and have just turned it back on.  The standard 3 lights are on, indicating it's working okay.

I also need help transferring ownership of the SS back to me, when my friend enters my email address into the transfer form, it says it's not a valid email.

Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Matt.

Message 1 of 115 (14,841 Views)
Rank 44: Oracle III
Nabs

Re: No signal since upgrading to HTC One X

Hi Matt,

The SureSignal uses youe SIM cards unique id number when validating its permission to use the system.

When you get a new SIM this number changes.

There are two option.

1 - Contact SureSignal Support via 191

2 - Sit tight. It will evnetually come back once your new SIM id has been filtered through the system.

More details see What should I do if I replace my SIM card but keep the same phone number? in the help center

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 2 of 115 (14,836 Views)
burnside

Thanks Nabs, do I need to keep the SS switched on if i just sit tight (off out in a bit so don't have time ring)?  It's started 'stealing' the signal from the phone, occasionally the phone shows full strength, and the 3rd light on the SS is on, but it won't let me do anything (send/receive calls/sms/etc), so I have to switch it off....

Message 3 of 115 (14,831 Views)
Nabs

If i remember rightly mine updated overnight. If it's causing you issues just now i would switch it off. Put it back on when your away to bed, when you dont need it. Hopefully that should sort it. If not you'll need to persue option 1 above.

Message 4 of 115 (14,818 Views)
burnside

Thanks Nabs, looking better now.
Message 5 of 115 (14,793 Views)
Nabs

[ Edited ]

Glad to hear everything is working as before.

Message 6 of 115 (14,787 Views)
HarryM

HTC One X wifi causing connection issues

I've recently upgraded to the HTC One x with all the usual sim changing issues with my Suresignal (40120230749).

With help from tech support these were resolved.

It now works fine with all other registered handsets but has a curious issue with the One x. It initiates a call through the SS with the phone light illuminating briefly but immediately drops the call or makes the call, but not through the SS.

After much resetting and setup checking I did wonder whether wifi could be interfering at all. This led me to discover that if I disabled wifi on the One x the call was made succesfully through the SS. The SS is not near the router so close proximity to the wifi access point is not an issue. Wifi can be left enabled on any other handsets and used normaly with the SS.

I'm hoping that this is an issue that is fixed in a firmware upgrade as it doesn't affect other phones.

Message 7 of 115 (14,745 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Re: HTC One X wifi causing connection issues

Hi HarryM and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here. I’m sorry to hear about the problem you seem to be encountering here.

Can anybody else confirm they are having this problem ?

Thanks

Wayne

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 8 of 115 (14,660 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
pastyman

Ditto, exact same problem here........

Message 9 of 115 (14,529 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
pastyman

Turning off WIFI is all very well to get voice calls working, BUT ALL DATA USED BY THE PHONE WILL COME OUT OF YOUR CALL PLAN DATA ALLOWANCE AND NOT YOUR BROADBAND ALLOWANCE EVEN THOUGH THE SURE SIGNAL USES YOUR BROADBAND CONNECTION!!!!!

Message 10 of 115 (14,527 Views)
Warmbers

Same issue  SORTED

Call 191 - option 3 then 4

Tell them you have changed sim to a new microsim and give them sure signal serial number.

24 hours later - mine works as expected.

Message 11 of 115 (14,518 Views)
HarryM

I'm afraid I've done the 191 route. The sim is registered ok as I can make calls with the One x but only as long as the wifi is off.

I had hoped the firmware update this morning would resolve the issue but a quick test seems to suggest that nothing has changed. More tests later.

Luckily I'm on a data test drive for a while yet otherwise this problem would be costing!

Message 12 of 115 (14,512 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hey guys,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

I've read through the thread and I will need for you to confirm your software versions so I can raise this.

I will also need five separate cases before going to the devices team for further investigation.

Cheers,

Lee

Message 13 of 115 (14,444 Views)
HarryM

Hi Lee

There is another user registered on my SS that has a HTC One X and I can can confirm that that user also has the same symptoms.

Both handsets are on the latest firmware 1.28.161.9 released yesterday. I have noticed a slight change with the newer firmware in that very occasionally a call can be placed successfully with wifi enabled, but the majority of calls still fail as described before. I have tried an alternative router just to rule that out too.

I've got to admit the symptoms/workaround don't make much sense, but are totally reproducible unfortunately.

Message 14 of 115 (14,439 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi HarryM

Thanks for your reply. It's good to see that the situation has slightly improved with the latest firmware upgrade however it's still far from the satisfactory resolution we might have hoped for. We'll continue to monitor the situation and the thread. As Lee says we're unable to escalate this to our devices team on the basis of one or two examples so we'll need a couple more yet.

This doesn't mean that we're unable to assist with trying to find a workaround for you in the meantime.

Thanks

Simon

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 15 of 115 (14,387 Views)
Warmbers

I spoke too soon!

To connect to SS with One X I have to go airplane mode on/off. Signal then drops after a random time afterwards. 2 other HTC phones in the house connect instantly.

1.28 s'ware at the moment and micro-sim swapped for previous normal sim.
Message 16 of 115 (14,060 Views)
racowan

HTC One X - full signal/zero signal

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Just moved to VF to take advantage of the sure signal option that my husband has used with HTC Desire HD for many months.  The siganl however keeps dropping out.

This to me looks like a problem with the HTC firmware as when the handset is out of range of a cell site it shuts off the network connection to save power and thus kills the connection with the Sure Signal.  I have to go upstairs in the house where i can achieve 1 bar from the local cell site to re-activate the network option which then connects to the sure signal again.

Very annoying problem.

I was sold this phone on the basis that it would work with the Sure Signal.

Can anyone help with a solution/work around?

Message 17 of 115 (13,727 Views)
racowan

Similar problem to mine, connects perfectly fine then drops out after a minute or two.  It happens when the phone tries to conserve power as it does not think its in range of a cell.  I can connect when i turn the phone off and on, then go to 'settings' and watch it disable the network connection after short period of time killing the sure signal connection.

Does not make sense i know as strictly speaking its a wi-fi signal and not a cell network connection.

Was perfectly fine until the latest firmware upgrade.  Cannot find anything in the phone settings to disable this power saving feature.

Message 18 of 115 (14,045 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hey guys,

As per my previous post, please could you let me know your software versions so I can raise this?

I'd also like if you could let me know your VSS serial numbers so we've got all the bases covered.

Cheers,

Lee

Message 19 of 115 (14,026 Views)