Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 4S doesn't automatically roam onto Sure Signal

efelmer
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a 6 week old Sure Signal and my iPhone 4S is on latest iOS release. In my house I have poor Edge coverage of 1 to 3 bars at most (no 3G hence why I got Sure Signal). My iPhone won't automatically roam onto the Sure Signal even when it is right by it - doesn't matter if the iPhones just been powered up or if I have come into the house with it from elsewhere.

The only way I can make it connect onto the Sure Signal is to put it into Airplane mode for 30 seconds and turn that off again and it will connect to the Sure Signal in a few seconds.

Any way to make it roam onto the Sure Signal by itself without my intervention??

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi efelmer,

If your iPhone has an ongoing data connection when you enter your house, then this could prevent the phone from connecting to your Sure Signal. The Sure Signal doesn’t support what’s called ‘macro to femto handover’ which is the main network handing signal to your Sure Signal.

The only way to resolve this is, as you’ve discovered, switching the iPhone to and from airplane mode.

If you can post your Sure Signal serial number, we can force a resync to make sure it’s as up to date as possible.

Thanks

Andrew

My SureSignal Serial number is 40123247948

Yes my data coverage is edge, but it seem to go to that rather than my Sure Signal even if I power the iPhone on by the Sure Signal when the edge signal is on 2 or 3 bars.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi efelmer,

I’ve resynced this for you today so please complete this by performing a factory reset as follows:

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour 

Let me know if you need any further help :Smiling:

Thanks,

Jenny