Thanks. Its 40120153099

-----------------------------------------------------

iPhone5
Message 141 of 228 (7,228 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
Adeph

Re: iPhone 4S not connecting to ss

Dave,

I've just spoken with the Vodafone phone support team and they confirmed that the Sure Signal needed to be re-synced.  They have done this and now the iPhone 4S is connected.  Therefore they have resolved the issue for me and it only took 5 mins!

Regards

Adrian

Message 142 of 228 (7,211 Views)
stevendg

Dave,

Thanks for the re-sync, I came home and found my iPhone 4S now has 5 'vodas' of signal stength, fulll 3G (usually it's one 'voda' or no service without SS), connecting to SS just fine, without the need for factory reset.

Thanks a lot.

Message 143 of 228 (7,193 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hey darkone888,

I've forced a resync for you as this may resolve the handover issue.

Cheers,

Lee

Message 144 of 228 (7,177 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
darkone338

Hi Lee, Nope, I still have to manually perform the switchover. Ive been home virtually the last 5 straight days now and i dont think my phone has ever connected via the SS without my manual intervention. After I did connect, if i went outside the phone connected to the macrocell and did not reconnect to the femtocell when i returned home.

iPhone5
Message 145 of 228 (7,119 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi darkone338

Thanks for coming back to us. Unfortunately handover from macrocell to femtocell isn't officially supported so there is little further we can do if you're facing difficulty with handover.

However, instead of performing a manual roam each time, a quick toggle of Airplane Mode ON and OFF will refresh the connection onto the femtocell.

Thanks

Simon

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 146 of 228 (7,107 Views)
darkone338

I have to say, that disappoints and shocks me. "Unsupported" ?? This is a product VF charged me to purchase! You cant charge me for it and then when it fails in one of its fundamental operations say its unsupported ?!

In other words, Vodafone pray the handover works correctly and if it doesnt, well.. youre on your own.

I think we need to be clear, where there is no 3G signal at all, handover process doesnt really apply and the phone should connect to the first 3G signal it sees.. the SS.. .but in areas where 3G is patchy, from my experience, the phone would rather hang onto 1 or 2 bars of a marcocell than switch to the 5 bars of the femtocell sat right next to it... and, on an iphone at least, airplane mode makes no difference for me... I tried it many times.

iPhone5
Message 147 of 228 (7,097 Views)
darkone338

so thats it then is it ?

Thanks for your £50 darkone, sorry we took longer than the shops 7 day returns policy, so youre stuck with it but the product is not supported in such a fundamental area as actually having a phone automatically connect to it....

iPhone5
Message 148 of 228 (7,059 Views)
darkone338

after 5 unsuccessful attempts to get information from the "Contact Us" link on the main site, that despite promising a reply in 24 hours have not sent a thing, could a VF representative please supply me with an email address i can submit a complaint to...

Again... The website submission form is either unmanned and certainly 900 characters is not enough space to submit my complaint in..

Thank you.

iPhone5
Message 149 of 228 (7,016 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

[ Edited ]

Hi darkone338

Thank you for your posts.:smileyhappy:

On the eForum our aim is to assist every user with every type of query and so we can assist you further I have sent you a Private Message to follow, once we have your response we will be in touch as soon as we can.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 150 of 228 (7,003 Views)
nhaydon

hi dave

we are our new iphone 4s delivered yesterday, but can not connect to sure signal.. please could u re syc our box? 21197213107
Message 151 of 228 (6,960 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi nhaydon and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here. I have now re-sync’d this for you. Can you let me know how you get on?

Thanks

Wayne

If you have a spare minute could you please take the time to fill out a short feedback form about me?

You can do so here

Message 152 of 228 (6,937 Views)
rharries

Can you please resync my sure signal. s/n is 40110706948. i have iphone 4s too.

I have the first sure signal, no instructions so just hoping it works!

Message 153 of 228 (6,930 Views)
sspogman

Hi Mods,

Sorry to be a pain but I'm also having issues.

I bought a 4s on launch day, along with a VSS and everything was working well.

A couple of weeks ago I lost my phone so ended up buying a new one from Apple which was delivered last Friday. I had a problem with the micro-sim that had been sent to me in the post so obtained a new one from my local Vodafone Store. However, I cannot get my phone to connect to the VSS at all, despite reading every post in this thread and following all of the advice. I'm hoping now that you will suggest that a force re-sync is the way to go. If so, could you arrange this for me please?

My serial number is: 40113111914

Many thanks,

Steve.

Message 154 of 228 (7,057 Views)
dorsetjon

Hi,

Had an iPhone 4 (not 4S) and new sim for a few days and it won't connect to my SS. VF replaced the iPhone but it still won't work. They now say this is a known issue with a "minority" of iPhones but that the issue hasn't been reproduced by VF R&D and hence there's no fix in the pipeline. If this affects a minority of phones then I must be unlucky to have had two phones with this issue!

I think alll of the fixes mentioned in this topic have been tried although I am not sure about the re-sync. Can one of the Tech Team try this for me please because if I can't get this to work then the iPhone is going back to VF? My SS serial is 21230495083.

Thanks,

Jon

Message 155 of 228 (7,036 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hey dorsetjon,

I have just answered your other post.

Is this still an issue for you as I can see the VSS was registered this afternoon at 15:30?

Cheers,

Lee

Message 156 of 228 (7,013 Views)
Sean1974

Wife's new iPhone 4s not connecting to sure signal.

Wondered if you might help. After getting my wife to leave a competitor so she could reap the benefits of sure signal her phone still has no signal, whereas mine works fine. It's all registered and all that good stuff. Bu she has no signal. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks
Message 157 of 228 (7,012 Views)
yorkster11

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Help........

Same issue as everybody else. Have done every single trick on these pages. Short of dancing round the house with a chicken on my head chanting to the Gods whiste wearing a tin foil suit and rain dear antlers i think i've done all i can. So here i am calling for your magic touch................My girlfriend has a iphone 3gs and that works fine with the SS. I have a 4s :-((((((((

3 sim cards

2 phones

287567 resets

1765 airplane modes

3g on 3g off 3g on 3g off

17890 can i have your mobile number

first and third number of your secret pin.........[No secret now]

address..........

"So whats the the problem" like they dont know lol

I thought this problem was just mine then i seen the Forum :smileysad:

Anyway my sure signal No is 40112318874 can you get it working Pretty please with suger on top and a little sticky cherry........

Really look froward to hearing from you, or even better suprise me and ring me at home on my mobile.

Thanks Chris

Message 158 of 228 (6,992 Views)
yorkster11

OMG left it unplugged deregistered it reset ss and my phone all at the same time and had the phone ontop of the ss and now I have a signal. Taken 2 hours

Praise the lord. Let's hope when I leave the house and come back it still works.!

Thanks Chris
Message 159 of 228 (6,984 Views)
Sean1974

Re: Wife's new iPhone 4s not connecting to sure signal.

All

AS a follow up I have de registered / re registered phones, reset SS, thrown phone against wall, thrown ss out of window (nearly) etc. If I could ask the powers that be to see if anthing can be done with my serial number which is ...40113836841 would be most grateful. Thanks.

Message 160 of 228 (6,973 Views)