Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 4S not connecting

Cjwilson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I've had a Sure Signal (3 light version) for over a year. My blackberry connects to this fine. My wife just bought an iPhone 4S, I've registered the number but it does not connect to SS. I've reset the SS and phone but without any luck. ive  searched the forum but can't find the solution. 

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Many thanks Dave,

Just done a hard reset and now I have connection.

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

FelixDaHousecat
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

how long is it sine the iphone was registered Cjwilson?

normally it can take up to 24 hours for the sim change to be confirmed on the vss.

if its been more than that its worth you posting the serial number so the team can resync it for you

fdh

Thanks fdh

the number was ported to Vodafone yesterday and I registered it on the SS yesterday afternoon.

i'll wait a bit longer and if that fails will post the serial number.

Hi Cjwilson,

Can you confirm if you are still experiencing issues today?

If yes, please let us know so we can look into this further for you.

James

Hi James

I contacted VF today and they said there was a problem with the SIM card. I've been to the local store and they gave me a new sim card. I was told to deregister then reregister my number. I did this but still there is no connection to the SS. Can you take a look from your side please? The serial number is 40112443185

Hi Cjwilson,

To be honest a SIM change can sometimes take up to 24 hours to be verified on the Sure Signal however I can see that it updated last night again so the new SIM should now be registered on the Sure Signal for you.

To make sure everything has been updated, please perform another reset and let us know if the issue continues.

James

Hi James

SS reset, phone reset but still no connection.

Please advise what to do next

thanks

allegoricus
13: Advanced Member

Hi Cjwilson,

What lights show on the front panel of the Sure Signal?

If you've got both Power and System lights showing, but still apparently no service, try switching the phone in and out of Flight Mode.

This does sometimes provide the required kick up the apex.

TTYL,

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter, I have both power and system lights. I've tried the flight mode trick, restarting iPhone etc but no luck. SS must be ok as the blackberry connects after each restart. 

Very strange.

allegoricus
13: Advanced Member

There's been a recent iOS update that I collected yesterday (I also use a 4s). If you haven't already applied this it might provide a solution.

Just speculating, of course. For me the phone itself has never been the issue. 🙂

Peter