Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5 Sure Signal Problem

JoelH77
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I recently set up a Sure Signal v.3 (S/N 40123619815) and have it successfully working with my iPhone 4. I also have an iPhone 5 and no end of de-registering/registering the number seems to be kicking it into action. It seems this has been a common issue reading through the other forum posts so I would be grateful for any assistance in solving this problem.

Thanks,

Joel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JoelH77,

Thank you for your post here.

From what I can see the setup of the Sure Signal is absolutely fine and as it works with the iPhone 4 it means that the equipment is working.

However, we have seen a number of customer having issues with the iPhone 5 after the SIM has been activated due to the delay in the Sure Signal units pulling the SIM ID for the number on the nanoSIM from the network.

The other cause of the issues that we have seen is an active data connection as the Sure Signals do not support Macro to Femto network handover.

Basicallyt his means that if an active data connection is present on the phone it can’t connect to the Sure Signal, the easiest way to stop this is to put the phone into aeroplane mode for 10 seconds and then back into phone mode.

James

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for coming back, here are the details:

Speed: 4.79Mbps down, 0.67Mbps up
Ping test: Ping 28ms, Jitter 2ms, Grade B*
External IP: 94.1.22.207

Serial Number: 40123619815

Trace route - doesn't complete:

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 3 ms 2 ms 1 ms SkyRouter.Home [192.168.0.1]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 34 ms 34 ms 31 ms ip-89-200-131-212.ov.easynet.net [89.200.131.212
]
4 25 ms 32 ms 31 ms 027808f5.bb.sky.com [2.120.8.245]
5 26 ms 27 ms 26 ms bu4.gr10.telon.uk.easynet.net [89.200.135.145]
6 33 ms 36 ms 35 ms AMDGW1.arcor-ip.net [195.69.145.123]
7 46 ms 47 ms 48 ms 188.111.129.25
8 55 ms 55 ms 56 ms 85.205.116.6
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Thanks,

Joel

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JoelH77,

Thank you for your post here.

From what I can see the setup of the Sure Signal is absolutely fine and as it works with the iPhone 4 it means that the equipment is working.

However, we have seen a number of customer having issues with the iPhone 5 after the SIM has been activated due to the delay in the Sure Signal units pulling the SIM ID for the number on the nanoSIM from the network.

The other cause of the issues that we have seen is an active data connection as the Sure Signals do not support Macro to Femto network handover.

Basicallyt his means that if an active data connection is present on the phone it can’t connect to the Sure Signal, the easiest way to stop this is to put the phone into aeroplane mode for 10 seconds and then back into phone mode.

James

Hi James,

Yes the iPhone 5 seems to now be connecting to the SureSignal too - it just took longer than my other phone. Thanks for the tip, that seems to have an effect as well.

Joel

Mjose
1: Seeker
I am also having the same problem. Recently got an Iphone5 and not able to link to my sure signal. Please can you help

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Mjose,

Can you unsubscribe the number that the iPhone 5 uses and then register it again for me?

If it's the owner number of the Sure Signal, just de-register it and register again from fresh. This will push the SIM update through for you. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

I have an iPhone 6+ and it won't connect to my sure signal. My old iPhone 4 did and my partner's 5c does but my 6+ won't connect. Same number.

I can't remove the number from the ss as when I try to delete it says"we are currently having problems, please try again in a few moment" been getting this message for about 2 months. I've tried live chat, phoning and going to the shop but no joy. I am really getting annoyed now that no-one knows how to fix it. Vss serial no 40112574112

Tried resetting vss but still no joy. Please help

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Ronap 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Sarah

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Ronap ,

If your number is the leader, you'll need to deregister the Sure Signal first. If you then register again from fresh, the Sure Signal will pick up your new SIM card details. :Smiling:

Cheers,
Ben