Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5 and sure signal

paulqpr
4: Newbie

Hi

I seem to be having the same problem a lot of people are having

questions:  I have attempted a transfer of ownership, but the email received just says for that owner to then log in.  How?  Do they need to set up their own my vodafone account?  if so, will it then automatically to the sure signal?

once done, does the sure signal box need an auto sync regardless, if so, my number is 40111061723

presumably I'd then reset my box. Do I need to re-register the users?

thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi paulqpr

Yes the owner will need to register for a My Vodafone account online. They will then receive and email asking them to click a link to accept, it’s as simple as that :).

Thanks

Sukhi

Hi, thanks for that guidance

I have done as instructed, made the transfer and removed and added the iphone 5, which was mine

The current owner, which is also an iPhone 5, does not show up in the user group now, but perhaps that is because it is the 'owner', but either way, 36 hours later, neither of us are getting the fiver bar 3G reception that the blackberry was last week.  At best I am 3 bars when next to the device and I think that's more because I'm standing near the window where normal reception is better!

Can someone please assist?

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi paulqpr,

You're spot on about the "owner" number not appearing.

I've given the Sure Signal a resync, so run a quick reset for me:

For Sure Signal version 1 or 2:

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

For Sure Signal version 3:

• Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Let me know if that helps.

If not, is the BlackBerry - or any other phone - getting full signal now? It'll help to know if the issue is with the Sure Signal connecting to the phones or the servers.

Dave

Hi

I have attempted a reset as you descibe, but to be honest, I never fully achieved 'all lights showing' either prior to the power lead being removed, or after.  It just didn't happen as it sounded like it would...

that said, it seemed to perform some sort of cycling, but the issue with the iphones still exist. We are seeing a 3G signal now at times, but again, never with more than 3 Bars and it has a tendency to drop.  The blackberry however is picking up and maintaining a 5 bar 3G signal in the whole of the house and the outbuilding!

Hi paulqpr,

Everything looks fine with the registration and as the blackberry is working we know that the Sure Signal is working.

So we can see what’s causing the problem with the iPhones, can you first disable the data on the phone and let me know if this connects to the Sure Signal?

If this still doesn’t connect contact the team here so we can raise a case with our support teams for you.

James

on the iphone you can diable many data parts and still get a signal, not sure how to tell if its connecing with the sure signal

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi paulqpr

If you go into settings, cellular data and turn this off, as well as making sure you're not connected to Wi-Fi :).

Thanks

Sukhi

Hi

it seems to connect, but can't make calls. I get service showing a 3G when doing this

in general though my calls are of a poor quality and I wonder if the unit itself needs replacing because it almost feels like a range issue

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi paulqpr

If you feel the Sure Signal is faulty we can look at repairing it for you. See ways to arrange this here :).

Thanks

Sukhi