Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5 problem

rednaxela
4: Newbie

Hi,

My sure signal serial is 40113851659

I have been using an iPhone 4 and have upgraded to an iPhone 5. In the process, I've moved my number to and activated a new Nano SIM.

This Nano SIM doesn't seem to be registering with my sure signal (despite picking up 'normal' Vodafone signal without a problem).

How do I fix this?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Time.

something must have woken up overnight because it was using the sure signal this morning (5.30am) and continues to work fine. I guess something just needed some time to update.

View solution in original position

87 REPLIES 87

smoult
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. Upgraded phone, transfered everything from backup, but Sure Signal doesn't recognize phone. Have you found a solution?

Time.

something must have woken up overnight because it was using the sure signal this morning (5.30am) and continues to work fine. I guess something just needed some time to update.

Spooky, 

Youre right, time is the answer. This morning it was still not playing, but tonight it's now working as it ought!

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey guys,

Thanks for letting us know you're now online with the VSS.

Cheers,

LeeH

I hope time is the answer as since getting the iphone 5 last Friday I have had no reception at home with the sure signal making it pointless having it.  

I have spent around 6 hrs in total either waiting or speaking to Vodafone over the telephone and around 2 hours visiting the store.

So far I have "given it time to identify the new sim", twice!

Deregistered and re-registered the sure signal.

Soft and hard resets of the sure signal

Got a new nano sim "just in case"

Received updates direct to the sure signal from vodafone "can you even do that"?

And I am currently waiting on the resolution team figuring out the problem and on a new sure signal arriving in case that is the issue!

I personally don't think it will be as people are all over the net with the same or similar issues. I have used the sure signal with 3 other iPhones without issue and there are currently 2 other phones using it without any problems.

Can anyone else help or suggest a solution????

In the meantime COME ON VODAFONE this may not be a big issue to you but it is to all of us who cannot use our new phones!!!!!! Personally the longer this goes on the more likely I will not be able to send the phone back and revert to my 4S and previous contract. At the same time the value of my 4S plummets!

Thanks again!

ps. VF it might even be worth talking to Apple, you never know that small company may be able to help?????????

I have the same issue. My 4S worked fine with my sure signal and my husbands blackberry gets a full 3G signal but I have nothing , no service all the time. I live in a very remote area and rely on my sure signal. I have deregistered then re-registered the sure signal but still nothing I think I will be returning the handset if this doesn't get resolved pointless having a phone I can't use, very disappointing

I've just returned my iPhone 5 because of this. I can't afford to be stuck in a two year contract with a phone that doesn't work at home. I'm now back on my £10.50 a month rolling contract. 

Hi guys,

Please can you take a look at our iPhone 5/Sure Signal thread. This contains information about the most likely cause of any connection failures between a new iPhone 5 and the Sure Signal.

Let us know if this resolves things, and if not please confirm your Sure Signal serial number so we can take a closer look.

Dave

Spoiler

Dave, my wife is site account holder both our numbers are under her name. How can you register the sure signal into someone else's name when there is nobody to transfer it to?