Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5 problem

rednaxela
4: Newbie

Hi,

My sure signal serial is 40113851659

I have been using an iPhone 4 and have upgraded to an iPhone 5. In the process, I've moved my number to and activated a new Nano SIM.

This Nano SIM doesn't seem to be registering with my sure signal (despite picking up 'normal' Vodafone signal without a problem).

How do I fix this?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Time.

something must have woken up overnight because it was using the sure signal this morning (5.30am) and continues to work fine. I guess something just needed some time to update.

View solution in original position

87 REPLIES 87

Hi Dave,

I have exactly the same problem and have followed all the tips, deregistering, waiting etc.

Hubby's 4s has not had this trouble, despite having new micro sim for it at the same time as I got my nano sim. 

The serial number of my SS is 40123219467

Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks.

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi cardy123,

When it comes to transferring the ownership, it doesn’t need to be done to a different name but just a different number.

If you have 2 numbers on your account then you can have 2 separate online accounts (one for each number).

By doing this, you can then transfer the ownership of the Sure Signal between the numbers.

If this isn’t possible then you can also deregister the unit and register this again against the second number or online account.

@ KHogg,  I have taken a look at the registration for you and can see that it updated on the server yesterday however for good measure I have also re-synced the unit today.

Please can you perform a rest on the Sure Signal and let me know how you get on.

Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)

Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.

Once all lights display release the reset button.

The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

James

James, in that case I transferred ownership, and have since transferred it back. Still no luck. I'm now into my 11th day. What can I do?

Guys

Give CS a call and ask to speak to the Sure Signal team. Ask them to do a manual reset of your Sure Signal, you will need to give them the serial number from the Sure Signal (it's on the back of it) (ask them to check that the new sim number is attached so have it handy)

Basically they refresh it and your new sim card number that should be attached to it should be up and running within the next few hours - mine was working within 10 mins

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi cardy123,

Can you confirm the serial number of your Sure Signal for me so we can take a closer look?

Also, can you confirm exactly what issues you're experiencing now given you've returned the iPhone 5?

--------------------------------

KHogg - The previous resync did not seem to take, and the Sure Signal did not show as updating since the end of last month so I have resynced this again for you. Please follow James' other instructions and let us know if you're still having issues.

Dave

ss box serial. :21223486990

I gave up trying to get the iPhone 5 to sync to it because couldn't risk being in contract. So, i got my iPhone 4S and SIM card re instated. This worked perfectly well up until I transfered sims. Now it I just won't work at all. 

Ive just been onto customer services again, and been thorough all the same old conversation I've had a hundred times this week.  

She told me ios6 was the problem, but its not, the 4s was running ios6 before I got the iPhone 5. She told me that my only option was to restore the phone to factory settings, which I'm doing now. But I really can't see what good that will do, but I'll post back within the hour if it does. 

Thanks. 

Bump

Hi tech-team

I have a similar problem with my sure signal. I was having connectivity problems very frequently before my upgrade anyways (iphone 4s dropping connection with SS despite the lights on box showing "connected"). However now, with the iphone5 I never managed to get any signal inside my flat even though the box itself is connected (lights 1,2,4 on).

I've done everything in terms of hard/soft resets and de-registering/re-registering but no luck so far.

Now, over the past 12 hrs or so lights 1,2,3 are constantly flashing. (1 and 3 faster and in tandem, 2 slower).

My serial number is: 21196872911

Thanks for your help

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey guys,

Thanks for your posts.

I've forced a resync of both your devices. Please factory reset them as per the below instructions and let me know if you need any further assistance.

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come back on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour

Regards,

LeeH

Lee, over the last 13 days I have done this on numerous occasions. I have since replaced my SIM card as per customer services instructions. Whilst in store I bought a new SS box and was told I had a better chance with a new box. 

The up shot? Still doesn't work. Surely it must be something to do with my phone number as I have tried two different phones with 3 different SIM cards with two sure signal boxes.