Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5 problem

rednaxela
4: Newbie

Hi,

My sure signal serial is 40113851659

I have been using an iPhone 4 and have upgraded to an iPhone 5. In the process, I've moved my number to and activated a new Nano SIM.

This Nano SIM doesn't seem to be registering with my sure signal (despite picking up 'normal' Vodafone signal without a problem).

How do I fix this?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Time.

something must have woken up overnight because it was using the sure signal this morning (5.30am) and continues to work fine. I guess something just needed some time to update.

View solution in original position

87 REPLIES 87

Hi

still no luck after waiting for changes to take place for the fift time.  Perhaps the tech team can help.......my vss box number is

( 253264385) serial number 21227754096 ). Hope ths helps.mTanks

Hi there

Could you please resync our box SN 21231802634.

Having the same problem, worked fine with iphone 4 and nothing with the 5.

Thanks

Hi can you please help, sure signal worked fine with old iphone 4s and then i got my new iphone 5 and i did not have a nano sim card so being impatient i cut it down to fit the new size tray in my new 5 all worked fine with my sure signal then a few days later my new nano sim arrived and no service at home ! 

i have followed and carried out various instructions on here but to no avail so can you please try a reset at your end ? my SS number serial number is 21231533809

thanks

mark

Hi, 

this looks like a common problem but my iphone 5 wont pick up the sure signal..  have tried factory reset on sure signal and still no joy..

to make matters worse i got a new micro sim for my wife and moved her over to my old iphone 4 and now her phone wont pick up the sure signal!

the sure signal serial number is 21197067412

can you force a resync from the vodafone end please 🙂

thanks Andy

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there Gabs26,

Thanks for your post.

I've forced the requested resync for you. Please factory reset it for me as per the instructions at the end of my post.

Hey LisaKemp,

I've done the same for you. Please also factory reset the VSS.

Hi Emre,

I'm sorry to see this still hasn't worked. I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Good evening markmbe,

I've also forced a resync for you. Can you also factory reset the unit please?

Hi there fletch1968,

We've moved your thread here. Hope you don’t mind!

I've forced the resync for you. Please factory reset the unit the same as everyone else.

VSS Factory Reset

Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)

Keeping the reset button held, remove and re-insert the power lead

Once all the lights come on, release the reset button

The VSS should come online within the hour

Cheers,

LeeH

Hi Lee Thanks for your response, but I do no have a reset button on my vss, got the first version. Shall I just switch it off on on again? Gabs26 Sent from my iPad

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Gabs26,

You should still have a reset button on the Sure Signal it should be next to the power plug and looks like a very small hole. :Winking_smiley: (Similar to a router reset button)

James

Thanks James,

have found and done it. Let you know if it as worked. :Smiling:

G.

Hi,

thanks for trying to help but your suggestion has not sorted my problem either. STILL NO SIGNAL AT MY HOUSE. Frustration is setting in knowing I am now stuck with a expensive phone and contract for two years. Vodafone is not helping me.

Hi,

Same as above, VSS working fine with other iPhone 4 registered.

Please re-sync my VSS for nw iPhone 5 sim pls. Serial No.: 40111345381.

Remote area and working from home so really need this working again.

Thanks,

jaytobe