cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5s suddenly stopped working with SureSignal (v1)

rewilkinson
2: Seeker

A while ago now, my iphone 5s just suddenly stopped working with my SureSignal at home. I have tried manual roam, removing the sim, restoring to factory settings, backing up and restoring my iphone from itunes but nothing.

The SureSignal is working fine with my partner's iphone 4s so I know it can't be a problem with that, it must be my phone. I'm running iOS 8.3 on my phone but I can't remember when I upgraded so can't be sure if this affected my signal.

I have recently upgraded to BT Infinity and got a new router but the phone problem precedes that.

Can anyone help? I am tearing my hair out. Have tried calling Vodafone from parter's phone  but got passed from dept to dept, after 25 mins I gave up. 

7 REPLIES 7

rewilkinson

VSS serial number is 21196793356 if that helps

Hello,

Welcome to the forum

These links may help.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Troubleshooting-Please-read-before-posting/td-p/...

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/SureSignal/m-p/2405851

On the iPhone hold down the Power & Home button together until  Logo shows then release both & the iPhone will reset

Other options are :

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rewilkinson - I’m sorry to hear of the problems you’re having.

Everything looks fine from here – your Sure Signal connected to our servers this morning.

As it’s only affecting the 1 phone, please try deregistering this number online.

Once you’ve done that, leave it for 24 hours, restart the Sure Signal and then re-add your number.

rewilkinson
Thanks for your reply Jenny

I've logged in but I can't find any reference to my SureSignal anywhere on the page. Is this something that Voda can do for me please?

@rewilkinson

We can do this for you, you'll need to speak with an advisor via Live help

Hi,

If it's any consolation I share precisely ALL of your scenario & issues! The iPhone 5 does not seem to like SureSignal at all (4 was always fine). It is often OK with wi-fi switched off on the phone, but why would you want wi-fi switched off all the time!?

Equally, it now seems impossible to manage your SureSignal online, as the weblinks either take you to the wrong page, or give a 'Bad Gateway' error which is really rather poor.

If I ever do make any satisfactory progress, I'll let you know   

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tidrivy

We can see you've had replies to your other post regarding your Sure Signal.

You can also contact Live help for assistance with adding and removing numbers.