Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 5s

Roccostransport
1: Seeker
Hi there. I have just brought two iPhone 5 's. However neither of them will log on to vss. I have got a sim only in a iPad and that works fine. I have reset the vss, however to no avail.
Any ideas ?
Regards.
1 REPLY 1

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi Roccostransport,

Did you need to change the SIM cards when you purchased the new iPhones?

If so this is where your issue lies. The Sure Signal uses the unique seria number on the SIM card to determine if the phone is allwed to connect or not. If you change your SIM the SS doesn;t recognise the new one and doesn't allow the phone to connect. There are a few possible solutions people have tried, diffrent ones work for different people.

1. Wait - as frustrating as it can be waiting a day or so will usually solve this. It takes a short time for the change of SIM card to filter through the Vodafone systems and make it's way to your SureSignal.
  2. Re-Add your phone number - Some users have reported removing and adding the number to the Sure Signal fixes this. The problem you would have here is if the number is the main account, this canot be removed without de-registering the Sure Signal
  3. Post your SureSignal serial number in this thread and the eForum team can force a sync so the changes get downloaded.

Nabs