Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhones not connecting to V3 Sure Signal

mkelly21
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

We have been using the Vodafone SS for over a year with no issues. In the last couple of weeks our iPhones have been unable to connect. What I mean by this is that if we go out of the house and come back in they won’t connect to the SS.

From my iPhone - I tried a couple of times to connect to another mobile provider (EE) whch failed and then connect back to Vodafone, this forced connection to the SS but it only worked for a short time.

Today I de-registered and turned off the SS for a couple of hours, I have re-registered it and reconnected to the internet and it’s not allowing any iPhones to connect. Both phone numbers have been re-added to the online portal.

I have performed the various tests and all look ok, I know the SS is connecting ok so this must be a separate issue- would appreciate if Vodafone could take a peek.

SS serial number is 40132755162 showing as active in the Vodafone SS portal.

Thanks

Mark Kelly

45 REPLIES 45

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

We're not aware of any compatibility issues with our V3 Sure Signal and IOS 9.3.2. 

There's been a recent carrier update that we've released. Please ensure you update your iPhone's with the latest carrier update. 

To update your carrier settings, please tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, a prompt will appear.

All,

Since I accepted the carrier changes my sure signal box has started to work as it used to.

Slightly disappointed with the way the Vodafone chat & telephone teams insisted that there was no issue and continually advised the signal had just got better in my area.

Hopefully others in this thread have had the same result.

Currently as of yesterday 23/06 we have two working iPhones which connect to the sure signal.

Thanks to the online forum team for pushing for this to be fixed.

Mark

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mkelly21 We're delighted to hear the carrier update has resolved the issue. 

Thank you for letting us know and once again, sorry for the inconvenience with the time it's taken to resolve. 

I've just returned from a week away. Sure signal is not working. I have tried reset/switching off router and shutting down phones. I have red light and two Amber lights- which is NOT what we want to see.

please help as I am in an area with almost NIL signal

steve

The carrier update hasnt solved our phone signals. We still have no 3G. Can I ask what the latest carrier version number is to make sure it is installed properly?

Thanks

Sid

Hi Mark

My phone asked if I wanted to install a carrier update yesterday and I said yes, but Im still not getting any 3G signal. What carrier version number do you have now in settings on your phones, and did you have to do anything else or did it just come back after the carrier update?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Sid

Hi Sid,

My carrier version is 'vodafone UK 24.1' 

I'm pretty sure I restarted my phones once the carrier update had been applied. Perhaps give that a try if you hadn't already.

Cheers Mark

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@StephenManister Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

@sidpr Please can you confirm if you've updated your phone to the latest carrier release (Vodafone UK 24.1)? 

If you have, please perform a network reset via Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. 

Hello Rahim

Yes I am on Vodafone UK 24.1 since yesterday, I have also performed a network reset but this has not helped.

To recap,

1. I currently have the correct light sequence on my Sure Signal 3.

2. I earlier deregistered and reregistered my Sure Signal and it installed correctly.

3. I have at this time only my i-phone (5C) registered on the sure signal and no 3G signal being recieved by the phone.

Can you please advise me on what steps i should do next?

Thanks

Regards

Sid

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sidpr Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Once we've got your results we'll be able to investigate further.