Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iphone 4 and vodafone sure signal

bezza_6
1: Seeker

For a while now I have had an iphone 4 after previously upgrading from a blackberry storm. I live in an area with poor signal and bought a sure signal device to overcome this. this worked fine when i had my blackberry and still works (full 3G signal) now for families phones - HTC wildfire sony ericsson w595 and iphone 3gs. However when i upgraded to my iphone4 it will not connect to it. Ihave been in contact with vodafone numerous times on the phone. I have tried restarting my ss device with the phone directly on it - nothing. I have checked all network setting on the phone - the phone gets full 3G signal elsewhere when roaming. I have received a new micro sim and registered it but it still does not work. The only difference between my devices and my family's is that mine is a micro sim but i dont know whether or not this is the issue as I have read about other peoples iphone4 working fine with their sure signal. I don't know what else to try? Any suggestions would be gladly welcomed. Thankyou

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Bezza_6, welcome to the eForum!

The iPhone certainly does work with the Sure Signal, so don't worry about that.

It is down to the upgrade - specifically the SIM card change, though. Not that it's a Micro SIM, but that the system needs to recognise the new SIM.

There's an easy way around this, so relax and I'll get this sorted for you.

First things first - are you registered online as the "owner" of the Sure Signal? If you are, you'll need to log into My Account and transfer the ownership to someone else to start with.

Now all you need to do is have the owner remove your number from the Sure Signal, then re-add it. Once the system has refreshed, you'll be good to go.

Don't forget to reclaim the ownership of the Sure Signal if you changed it over once everything is done!:smileywink:

Dave

eForum Team

trainj
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Here is the error I am getting as I am setting up the sure-signal.  Not encouraged to read your comments......

Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController"

The source of this error is:

com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: Internal Server Error: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException.; nested exception is: 
	com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException
	at com.bea.wsrp.FaultInstanceFactory.<clinit>(FaultInstanceFactory.java:44)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.raiseFault(ProxyBase.java:563)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.invoke(ProxyBase.java:464)
	at $Proxy67.getMarkup(Unknown Source)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:49)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:37)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:156)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:135)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.MarkupServicesFacade.invoke(MarkupServicesFacade.java:42)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.invokeGetMarkup(ProxyPortletContent.java:665)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.beginRender(ProxyPortletContent.java:318)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:486)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:530)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walk(ControlTreeWalker.java:249)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:361)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:339)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:330)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:304)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.UIControl.render(UIControl.java:597)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.PresentationContext.render(PresentationContext.java:434)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.util.RenderToolkit.renderChild(RenderToolkit.java:147)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.jsp.taglib.RenderChild.doStartTag(RenderChild.java:62)
	at jsp_servlet._framework._skeletons._vodafonedefault.__flowlayout._jspService(__flowlayout.java:128)
	at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:533)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:459)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspTools.renderJsp(JspTools.java:124)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspControlRenderer.beginRender(JspControlRenderer.java:81)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.PresentationControlRenderer.beginRender(PresentationControlRenderer.java:62)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:482)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:530)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:330)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:304)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.UIControl.render(UIControl.java:597)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.PresentationContext.render(PresentationContext.java:434)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.util.RenderToolkit.renderChild(RenderToolkit.java:147)
	at jsp_servlet._framework._skeletons._vodafonedefault.__template5col_01._jspService(__template5col_01.java:145)
	at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:533)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:459)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspTools.renderJsp(JspTools.java:124)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspControlRenderer.beginRender(JspControlRenderer.java:81)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.PresentationControlRenderer.beginRender(PresentationControlRenderer.java:62)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:482)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.runOutbound(Lifecycle.java:186)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:140)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.UIServlet.runLifecycle(UIServlet.java:419)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.UIServlet.processControlTree(UIServlet.java:305)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.PortalServlet.service(PortalServlet.java:779)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
	at com.cj.trim.trimFilter.doFilter(trimFilter.java:86)
	at com.vodafone.couk.micrositeintegration.filter.MicrositeIntegrationFilter.doFilter(MicrositeIntegrationFilter.java:185)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.PartialHoldingPagesFilter.doFilter(PartialHoldingPagesFilter.java:61)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.RedirectsFilter.doFilter(RedirectsFilter.java:113)
	at com.bea.p13n.servlets.PortalServletFilter.doFilter(PortalServletFilter.java:251)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:531)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:266)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.longToSEOURL(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:451)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.doPost(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:139)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.doGet(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:108)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
	at com.bea.p13n.servlets.PortalServletFilter.doFilter(PortalServletFilter.java:251)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3251)
	at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
	at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2010)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:1916)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1366)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)

<script type="text/javascript">// A bad start, it seems.&nbsp; J var VAPGatewayController_1_2_2_elem = document.getElementById('VAPGatewayController_1_2_2'); if (VAPGatewayController_1_2_2_elem != null) VAPGatewayController_1_2_2_elem.innerHTML = '<span id="VAPGatewayController_1_2_2">VAPGatewayController</span>'; // </script>

steffangl
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

As Dave said - it's because you're now using a different SIM to the one that was originally registered with the SureSignal. 

If you call customer services and ask to speak to the SureSignal team they will be able to update your SIM number in the SureSignal database.  Alternatively, you can do the transfer of ownership workaround as Dave describes.  I'd personally just get it changed with customer services.

I believe it is difficult to get through to 191 at the moment as the Egypt call cente is closed for obvious reasons.

Hope that helps

Hi trainj,

If you've just changed your SIM as

well, then my post above gives you the complete walkthrough of the steps to take.

Don't worry, it's really easy to sort this issue out, so there's nothing to be disheartened about.

If your issue is different - you haven't just changed the SIM, then can you let us know exactly what's happening and what lights the Sure Signal displays? You'll find our Sure Signal troubleshooting thread a good guide to the most commonly reported issues..

Dave

eForum Team

grahams_xwing
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I have an original SS box and have recently upgraded from an iPhone 3Gs to a 4s. I can no longer connect to the SS box. I have attemtped re-registering the box to the address and resetting the box but no joy so far.

Please help

regards

Graham

I'm having exactly the same problem as Graham... I'm trying to register an iPhone 4 to the Sure Signal box... I've activated the SIM & had the text saying it can be used with my Sure Signal box.... waited 24 hours and restarted both phone and Sure Signal box serveral times... and ideas?

Cheers

Ed

Retired-PaulE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys, 

Have you tried the workaround Dave suggested above?

If this hasn't worked for you we can get your details updated - I've sent you both a PM with instructions on how to contact the team, follow these and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

You can find your PM inbox here

Paul