Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

loss of parts of conversation

pongle
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I wonder whether anyone can help with this one. We are experiencing drop outs of just a few words here and there when talking to people using one of two mobiles on a sure signal. The IP is Wessex internet and they use a wireless system to deliver broadband from nearby masts to a receiver on the house.

Wessex say our connection has been solid for over six months yet this is a daily problem with the phones. We have rebooted the sure signal with no improvement. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

May I ask what speeds your experiencing with your broadband. I use Ookla Speedtest.net

I ask because of the information in What-do-I-need-for-Vodafone-Sure-Signal.

"- Home broadband: You’ll need a fixed-line home broadband connection with a minimum speed of 1 Mbps to use Vodafone Sure Signal version 1 and 2. The latest version, version 3, requires a slightly higher speed. As the number of phones using the Sure Signal at once increases, so does the minimum broadband speed. So if you’re using the maximum of eight devices at the same time, you’ll need to have a download speed of at least 4.13Mbps. You can check your download speed by running a broadband speed test, you can find these online. Bear in mind that if you’re using the internet a lot, it could impact on your Sure Signal’s performance, like using your phone while downloading large files or online gaming. It works with the majority of broadband providers and most routers. However, not all are compatible with Sure Signal. Don’t worry, you’ve got seven days to return it to us if it’s not. Just so you know, Sure Signal doesn’t work with satellite broadband, WiMax, bonded lines, or secure firewalls."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, thanks for your reply. We have 30mbps but we don't receive our broadband via a fixed line . Instead it is a wireless system for which we have a small dish on the outside of the house. Perhaps this is why we have problems . We did check with the provider before buying a sure signal and they assured us it would work

Any more thoughts

Steve

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@pongle Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Once we've got your results, we'll be able to narrow down what the issue may be. 

The forum only suggests lack of bandwidth but I don't know how to check this. Second problem has now emerged with the unit occasionally switching to flashing power light with all other lights flashing simultaneously amber. This lasts for several minutes and then it seems to reestablish itself with normal white lights.

Any help welcome

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@pongle We'll need your test results so we're able to investigate into this further. 

Please follow our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then update us with the results.