Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

managing users

bigsky
2: Seeker

A few days ago my phone HTC sensation lost service.with an error stating disconnected because service is unavailable. Many attempts to fix on phone and starting stopping sure signal.  This has not worked. When checking my vodafone account my new number does not show in the user list.  On trying to re add it does not allow stating that the number is already registered.  However as I have said it does not appear in the list.  This must be the issue.  I have contacted Vodafone customer services who have replied confirming that the number is no longer registered. See my problem now. As for a cause I am not sure.  There have been a few updates on phone lately and I am now using a wireless link when at home to download.  This a Tooway satellite system as we have no 3G signal here and broadband is less than 1meg. I know sure signal does not work on satellite so it is still on BT. 

So how do I fix the user number issue on the sure signal.

30 REPLIES 30

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bigsky,

Thank you for your post and for your kind words.

I must admit that it does seem a bit of a strange one however, I’m pleased that your old phone is working with the new Sure Signal for you.

When its time for your upgrade, please let us know and we can look at your options with you.

James

update

still cannot get my phone to connect at home via the SS.  Whilst out and about it does get a signal and seems to work fine. At home it does receive the odd text and email.  However it rarely shows more than 2 bars and when I then try to use the phone the signal immediately drops. My wifes phones both work without any issues. Customer service have said I can send the phone for repair and it will take 10 days.  The phone is still in warranty.  If I do that it will take me close to my upgrade date. I called last week at the vodafone store in manchester but they could  not help.  I am due an upgrade on 15th may but they could not authorise one earlier without customer services first granting it. I would have thought the manager could make decisions. What concerns me is the change of phone may not rectify the issue. 

Having now purchased a new SS and changed the sim card I still cannot search and retrieve a network provider whilst at home.  Various error messages come up regarding the sim card or network connection. It might be the antenna on the phone which is not working but then would I not have an issue elsewhere when out and about. 

I was using my old blackberry but the screen was cracked and is now defunct as the screen has gone altogether, that worked at home.  So its either a poor receptor on the phone or some kind of upgrade which has taken place which I have no knowledge about. 

Time will tell.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there bigsky,

Thanks for posting.

The serial number you've given above is no longer registered and I note you've said you've got a new VSS. Can I take the serial number please?

Thanks,

LeeH

Lee,

The new SS serial nmber is 40130431451.  The phone worked again today whilst in Leeds area so it seems its just an issue with the connectivity to the SS.  Wifes phones still working at home.

thanks rob

Retired-PaulE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rob, 

It's very strange that your phone is the only one that's having the problems connecintg - it must be a connectivity issue with the Sure Signal and your Sensation as it's working when you're out and about.

We'll need to raise a case for this to be investigated so I've sent you a PM with instructions on how to contact the team, follow these and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

You can find your PM inbox here

Paul 

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bigsky,

If the My Account login that is used to manage the Sure Signal was registered with the number in question then this won’t appear on the access list as it is the owner.

The best way to resolve this would be to de-register and re-register the Sure Signal.

If this still doesn’t work, please let us know your serial number so that we can take a look at the registration for you.

James

bigsky
Guys, you have all been very helpful but I still have the problem. I spoke with technical team and customer services on Friday. Having tried everything suggested and had new SIM card and spent £100 on a new SS and not resolved the issue they gave me an early upgrade. Today the new phone arrived a Samsung galaxy s3 with micro sim. Unfortunately it does not connect to SS. I have set it up and tried to connect inc search for network and when doing that I get the message 'your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network' . I am now at a loss as my wife's two phones continue to work. It must be my number/personal settings or something when I log on the Vodafone site My Vodafone it comes up with a warning sorry we can,t find your details at the moment although my profile is there and can be edited. I can only assume it is something to do with my personal settings. I,ll bet I didn't need a new sim or SS. The phone still works elsewhere or at least the HTC did in Liverpool on Saturday. Any further ideas.
Thanks rob furness

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rob,

I can see that your Sure Signal connected to our servers at 02:37 this morning, are you still unable to connect? To make sure that your Sure Signal is as up-to-date as possible, I’ve just resynced it  for you. To make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Press the button on the foot of the device by the Ethernet sockets
  • Hold it in for approximately 30 seconds
  • When the lights come back on, release the button
  • The Sure Signal will come on line in about an hour

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks

Andrew

ronmitch

After a couple of years of troublefree service from my Suresignal 2, on return from a holiday my wife's phone communicates with the SS but not mine. Nothing I've tried in the way of resets of SS and phone get them communicating. So I went to My Suresignal to find the Manage Users button & have searched every link on the page and physically searched almost pixel by pixel & cannot find the button to see if my phone has somehow become deselected. Why this should happen on this occasion I have no idea.

Could someone tell me how to find Manage Users please?

Thanks,

Ron

Hi ronmitch,

Is your number the "owner" number? If it is, it can't be removed from the Sure Signal without transferring the ownership to another number.

If not, it depends on wheat type of account the owner number is.

If it's a Pay monthly number, follow these steps:

- Click on "My Sure Signal" at the bottom of the main page

- "Manage users" is listed under "My options".

If it's a Pay as you go number or you're unable to locate that option for any reason, click here to get us your details.

Dave