Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

new sure signal

Nigelmyhill
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Dear all,

I have recently purchased a new Sure signal box on Ebay, when I opened the box everything looked right but there are no lights on the friont of the item just a metal strip next to the power light.

I follwed all the instructions (I think) but when I plugged the item in there is no power light.

I registered the item and my numbers with vodafone, but still have no signal  in the house.

Is My item a fake? or is this normal, and how can I get the item working

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Potentially there is either a problem with the SureSignal unit or with the power adapter. If you don't have any power going to it you're not going to get signal I'm afraid. Have you tried it in a different socket?  Have you made sure that the power cable is plugged in and not loose?  If you continue to have issues - it may be an idea to raise a dispute through eBay as the item is not as described.

PWIAC

My Sure Signal is a V3 and plugs directly into the socket with no cable in the box except for the white ethernet. I have tried plugging it into different sockets to no avail. I know the socket works as i have plugged the router in here and that works fine. I have pressed the rest button underneath but this doesn't solve the issue either.

I menetioned in my original posting that there didn't appear any other lights but I see these would be seen through the metal strip so I am pleased it is not a fake but just a faulty original.

Is there no way of getting the box to work?

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Nigelmyhill

Thanks for your post I can see that drey_p has helped here (Thanks :))

Sounds like you have a fake device unfortunately there is nothing that we can do, I would return the item to the seller and get your money back.

Thanks

Sukhi