Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

ofifce network

Trvrv
4: Newbie

hi team

I am trying to connect my vss v3 to my office network.The lights on the vss are red power flashing next light off and the next two are solid orange. I tried the vss at home and works fine. When i plug it into the office network (ethernet points in skirting trunking)at first the power light is solid and the next light is white and flashing then this stops and the power light then flashes plus the last two lights are solid. please help. Im away from the office until tonight. Just one more thing when i plug my laptop into the ethernet port it connects straight away.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hello Trvrv

A Sure Signal device is designed to provide 3G Vodafone signal when connected to a broadband router.  You would be unable to get the device to work through your office network when connected to an internet point.

Please see the FAQ's on the following link.

Sure Signal FAQs

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

AnnS

Hello Trvrv

A Sure Signal device is designed to provide 3G Vodafone signal when connected to a broadband router.  You would be unable to get the device to work through your office network when connected to an internet point.

Please see the FAQ's on the following link.

Sure Signal FAQs

would the device work if i connect it straight to network router/modem device?

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Good morning Trvrv, 

It would need to be connected directly to the router so I'd give this a try. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kay

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

Hi,

Depending on your network setup at work, it may be as easy as plugging into the main router, or it may need input from your IT Bods to do some config changes to allow the correct traffic types to talk to vodafones servers.

If the latter is the case, then you should be able to plug it in to the trunking... it's all about letting the device out of the building, which in most cases would be blocked for security reasons at company level, and will be a company decision to allow or not.

Trvrv
So how? The Ethernet connection is twinkling away can it take up to 24hrs?

Trvrv
Sorry miss read your reply. I will take the sure signal back for a refund?

Trvrv
I've tried every Ethernet port no joy. We have a comms cupboard with a couple of Cisco 800 series also lots of other boxes with cables LAN ports and twinkly lights.

grolschuk

Sounds like you have more than just a few network ports connected to an adsl router then :Smiling:

This is one for your IT department to solve if the company will allow it, as the firewall will be blocking the connection that the suresignal is trying to make back to vodafone... it's not just 'web' access it needs, it has to create a secure tunnel, and by default most companies block that, or only allow to certain destinations.

Trvrv
Ok I'll try bit it's a large company and no means of contacting IT