Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

ongoing sure signal problems

paulqpr
4: Newbie

Hi

I have a sure signal version 2, which i'm using with an Asus router on a wireless ISP because I live in a field, but I do have a good quality service of 20+ mbps but pretty much zero Voda reception hence the SS box

This SS box has followed me from a much faster BT infinity service when I lived in a little less rural earlier this year and that worked seamlessly with BT

Since moving on to this system, I have been using iPhones (3 of them) and they all achieve 4-5 bars and a 3G signal but the call quality from the other persons perspective is poor and we get dead spots mid call and then dropped calls

A Voda support person has looked into this, has re-synced and looked at the box and confirmed they can't see any issues

so, I have purchased a version 3 and I cannot get it to even connect to the system.  It is all registered but despite following the troubleshooting it wont work

Now, part of the troubleshooting for the V3 was to look at port forwarding, but I dont want to get into this because:

a) I dont understand it

b) I dont see why I need to when the v2 returns the correct signal and works without tweaks to my Asus

and I am just wondering if anyone has used a voda SS with an ASUS RT-N66U and worked out any tweaks and if I should be contacting my ISP and if so, what should I be saying to them

Any help or advice would be great, thanks

11 REPLIES 11

@paulqpr You dont need to mess around with port forwarding - your router supports IPsec passthrough (I have the same router with no problems at least with the VPN part). I am afraid Voda just trot out the same old tired suggestions i.e. "reset it", "setup port forwarding", "its your ISP", "re-synch it", "re-register it" - rather than bothering to work out why this product continues to cause a huge amount of hassle to the people who have paid for it.

Sorry I dont have any constructive suggestions - its a flaky bit of kit.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi paulqpr,

There are a number of different routers, service providers and set ups, which is why sometimes, the ports do need to be opened manually.

I can see you’re using a Wireless Internet Service Provider, however the Sure Signal’s designed for use with a fixed line broadband service.

This could explain the problems you’re having.

Please try using this on another (fixed line) connection to rule out a faulty Sure Signal.

Also, please let us know what light sequence you’re now seeing.

Thanks,

Jenny