cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

please can you do a manual re-sync of my vss as my sure signal has been down AGAIN nearly 48 hours

keeleypb
4: Newbie

again lights 1,2 + 4 are on solid and yes, I have again tried all the trouble shooting steps

I need a manual re-sync of my vss box to your network as it's now been nearly 48 hours again since I last had signal from my vss + I'm really fed up of this always happening and of having to travel miles to get a signal to use my phone - I would like to be able to use my phone at home, when I come home later on today  :Sad_face: 

serial number - 21230743359

9 REPLIES 9

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi keeleypb,

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread? I understand ifyou've followed the guide but we'll still need your template results.

Cheers, Ben

I HAVE LOOKED AT THE TROUBLE SHOOTING LINK - I CAN'T TRANSFER OWNERSHIP OF MY SURE SIGNAL AS YOUR LINK SAYS, AS I DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER VODAFONE NUMBER THAT I CAN MESS ABOUT WITH - AND TRY TO REGISTER ETC - AND EVEN I F I DID - AS I HAVE NO SIGNAL HERE BECAUSE YOUR SIGNAL IS NOT WORKING AND NOT SYNCED TO MY BOX, I WOULD NOT GET THE CONFIRMATION CODES BY TEXT TO REGISTER A NEW PHONE NUMBER ETC ANYWAY!

IT HAS NOW BEEN WELL OVER 48 HOURS THAT I HAVE BEEN WITHOUT SIGNAL - ALL I HAVE ASKED IS THAT YOU RE-SYNC THE VSS BOX WITH YOUR NETWORK, HOW DIFFICULT IS IT FOR YOU TO DO A MANUAL RE-SYNC??  YOU HAVE OBVIOUS ISSUES WITH YOUR NETWORK NOT SYNCING PROPERLY WITH SURE SIGNAL BOXES - THERE ARE NUMEROUS POSTS EACH MONTH, SO IT IS NOT JUST ME - IT IS STRANGE HOW THESE BOXES LOSE 3G SIGNAL FOR DAYS AT A TIME, THEN WORK PERFECTLY FINE AGAIN!!!!!

This issue presents the following symptoms: 

For version 1 Sure Signal (the one with four lights on the front):

• Lights one, two and four are solid, indicating that the Sure Signal is connected and is giving a 3G signal.
  • Your registered phones don’t pick up a 3G signal.

For version 2 Sure Signal (the one with 3 lights on the front): 

• The power and system lights are both solid, indicating that the Sure Signal is giving a 3G signal.
  • Your registered phones don’t pick up a 3G signal.

For version 3 Sure Signal (the plug in version): 

• Power, internet and service lights are solid and the ‘in use’ light is either solid or flashing
  • Your registered phones don’t pick up a 3G signal

Troubleshooting steps:

Check that the phone you’re using works on 3G.  -- YES MY PHONE WORKS WITH 3G

You can check this by searching for the make and model over at GSM Arena which will show the specifications of your phone.

Check that the number you’re using has been added to your Sure Signal by logging to My Account and click on the ‘My Sure Signal’ tab. The numbers you’re trying to use must appear here as either an Owner or a User.

If the number you're trying to use doesn't appear here, you need to click the ‘Add User’ button and enter the new mobile number. This can only be done if you’re the Owner or Administrator of the Sure Signal.

Test your SIM in another 3G phone. -- STILL NO SIGNAL WHEN TESTED WITH OTHER 3G PHONE

Put your SIM into a different 3G phone and see if you can connect to the Sure Signal. If your SIM then picks up a 3G signal, check if your original phone can pick up 3G signal in other areas, or if it has ever picked up a 3G signal.

If your phone has never picked up a 3G Signal, but is confirmed as being a 3G handset, please visit the Help Centre, select your device from the list and go to Network > Use phone for both GSM and 3G.

If your phone is already set to 2G and 3G but has still never picked up a 3G signal, this indicates a phone fault. You’ll need to follow the instructions in the repairs section of our eForum FAQs to resolve this.

Has Your SIM recently been replaced?  -- NO, SAME SIM AND PHONE I ALWAYS USE
When a SIM is changed it can take up to 2 hours for the Sure Signal to recognise this and during this period, you won't be able to pick up any signal from the Sure Signal.

If you still experience issues after this time, you'll need to remove the affected number from your Sure Signal and then add it back on via My Account

If the affected number is the owner of the Sure Signal, you'll need to temporarily transfer the ownership to another number and then remove and re-add the affected number. This can be done by clicking ‘Change Owner’ on the Sure Signal Dashboard.  -- CAN'T CHANGE OWNER AS I DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER REGISTERED VODAFONE NUMBER THAT I CAN USE AND I NEED A SIGNAL TO GET ANY REGISTRATION TEXTS ETC

The new owner will then need to log in to their My Account profile and accept the ownership request, before removing and re-adding the number. Once this has been completed then the ownership can be transferred back to the original number.

If you’ve completed all the troubleshooting steps above and not identified the cause of the issue, your Sure Signal may be faulty. Please post in this thread and we can look into it further.

Thanks,

Jenny

AS STATED - THIS HAPPENS OCCASSIONALLY - I LOSE 3G SIGNAL TO MY PHONE FOR UP TO 2 DAYS (THIS TIME IT IS ACTUALLY MORE THAN 2 DAYS) BUT IT COMES BACK ON EVENTUALLY - THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH MY PHONE AND IT HAPPENS WITH MANY OTHER SURE SIGNAL USERS AS WELL - WHICH IS WHY I REQUESTED YOU DO A MANUAL RE-SYNC!

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi keelypb

I have re synced your Sure Signal as requested, can you factory re-set and let me know how you get on?

VSS Factory Reset

* Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
* Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
* Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
* The VSS should come online within the hour

Thanks

Sukhi

actually, my sure signal was working FINE when I got up at 7am, it must have re-synced during the night after being down for 2 1/2 days - BUT since you have apparantly done a re-sync this morning, guess what - it's down again :Sad_face:

nothing has changed, I have been in my house all morning, no power cuts or anything that could have messed up the signal - but stuck without signal yet again now after a joyful hour or two of signal - this now takes it up to 3 days without signal, (with the very short period of time this morning my signal miraculously came back by itself!!)

not happy!

Hi keeleypb,

I can see your Sure Signal connected to our servers just after you posted yesterday, are you now able to get a signal?

Can you do a factory reset for me, this one is slightly different to the one you were asked to do by Sukhi:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove both the Ethernet cable and power lead
  • Re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights display, release the reset button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in about an hour
  • When the Sure Signal is back online, re-insert the Ethernet cable.

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks,

Andrew

GUESS WHAT - MY VSS CAME BACK ON EVENTUALLY YESTERDAY AFTER DOING THE FACTORY RESET ((AGAIN)) AFTER YOU RE-SYNCED IT AND WAS WORKING FINE - THEN I LEAVE MY HOUSE FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS, COME BACK HOME TO FIND YOUR LAST MESSAGE AND NO SIGNAL AGAIN!!!!!

I AM ABOUT TO DO YET ANOTHER FACTORY RESET!!!

after doing another reset, it's working again now - for 5 minutes anyway....

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi keeleypb, 

The resync may have disrupted it yesterday so hopefully it'll work fine now. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Kay