Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

please resync my SS1

stevebtan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

SS1 not working since last week.  full reset done several times without success.

Could you try resync from your end please

S/no 21196853895

31 REPLIES 31

jhopkins
4: Newbie

stevebtan

I had the same problem. They are unable to do anything from their end. I went through all the things they said ( new cable, new  power lead, re-boot  router, re-boot suresignal)  but all to no avail. So they told me that it had  died  and I needed  to get a  new one. So I bought a  V3  but without re-setting  all the ports on my  router  and  moving  to a  city ( the V3  requires  much faster  broadband than the V!) I can't get it to work. It's also  very difficult to get hold of a V3.  So I sent it back and  have now  had  no mobile phone at home  for 2 1/2  months. Welcome to the  brave new  world  that is Vodafone !!

thanks for the trouble of replying & sorry to hear of your history.

After the last extended outage ( which may have been the time of your issue), Vodafobe did a remote resync for me & it recovered eventually

Interesting. Are you in the UK? When I  contacted  them, they said there was  nothing  they could  do from their end...I would have to sort it out myself. They  seem to have a different  story  for each of us!! On another  thread, I have just been told that you can  sometimes  get  faster  Broadband  by asking  your  ISP to speed  it up....oh  yeah !!...pull the other one !!

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@stevebtan  and @jhopkins 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results.

Your ping test results.

Your external IP address.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

I've also performed a resynch as requested so please wait until the lights have settled back to normal to if any changes have occured.

Thanks

DaveCD

DaveCD     I provided  all this information in my  two posts on 19th February....but as none of the  'techies'  commented  on  my results, I  don't see what the point  was. I have  been on this forum  for some time now  and have noticed  that A) the  'techies' always  ask for the same long list of information and B)  they rarely  make  any comment  or suggestions  on the  results. I don't  see the point of any of this..except  to drive  VF  customers  into the  loving arms  of  rival companies.

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @jhopkins 

Towards the start of this thread, you mention you no longer have a Sure Signal. 

If this isn't the case, please let me know the serial number and the current light sequence you're seeing. 

Thanks, 

Kay

I have actually  stopped  trying , because after  several days of the same light sequence (and being told by VF that the unit must have  failed), there seemed  no point. But the serial number is 

and the light sequence I was  getting  was  1&3 on together alternating with 2.....so 1&3, then 2 , then 1&3 , then 2  etc. etc.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @jhopkins

The serial number you’ve provided, shows that the Sure Signal hasn’t connected to our servers, since June 2014 and is now deregistered

Please re-register this on your My Vodafone account.

Get back to us if you have any further problems once you've done this.

Thanks,

Jenny

Jenny

Then your records are incorrect...I suggest you check them again. The Suresignal was in daily  ( and constant) use  until around New Year 2015  when it suddenly  stopped  working  and  your  helpline  told us that it had  failed and could not be repaired. At some point after that date  we  de-registered it.