Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

"New Location" text messages

gfwilliams
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I know this seems to have been asked a million times, but I have a Sure Signal v2 and I keep getting text messages telling me I've moved (serial # 40120555962).

I know why this is - it's because BT keeps changing my IP address. The problem is that I can update the post code, but 2 days later BT will change my IP address again and it'll send me yet another text message reminding me.

It's insane. Can you configure the sure signal not to send these reminders? I have no plans to move, but if I do you'll know because I'll update the address on my Vodafone account!

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Ben,

Thanks - understood. It'd be great if you could feed it back though - as IP addresses are running out I think this is going to get more and more common.

At the old house, on Virgin Media, I had an *almost* static IP address, but it did change occasionally and sent me text messages. It was annoying but not worth complaining about. When it's every week it's a different matter though - and makes we wonder whether I shouldn't just put up with the poor mobile reception instead :Smiling: