Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

registering my phone ... IT WON'T REGISTER

CAFOULK
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

''Sorry – there seems to be a problem.

Something went wrong, sorry. Our techs are working hard to get it sorted - so please pop back later''

How much longer will  I get this unhelpful response ?

This process seems to be a joke!

I recently purchased a Sure Signal  and, to set it up, it is necessary to register my phone for the first time.

I enter the Vodaphone web site as instructed and enter my phone number , Two hours late I receive the texted ''security number'' and enter that.

Then for the next three hours I get a message on the web page stating stating ''opps'', ''we have technical problem here''  ,'' come back in a short while''..

After three hours I get on the ''live chat'' (3 different ''chatters'' ).. This lasted one and a half hours , only to be told ''come back later, we have a technical problem ''  that's SIX AND A HALF HOURS involvement  , with no result .

A further 12 hours later again , the same web site issue exists. I can't register my phone

and, there's still inane comments on the web page stating ''opps, come back shortly''

What exactly is going on  ? I just want to register my phone but the Vodaphone web site simply can't deal with it .

And why can't the web page put out a proper indication of time scales for remediation ... Like come back next week !!

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi CAFOULK,

Thanks for posting.

We did have some issues yesterday that impacted some services.

Have you been able to register the mobile number?

If you're still not able to do that you can find out how to get in contact with us here.

Thanks

Ian