Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

some advice.

thelad
3: Seeker

I am after some advice, i have just set up a new contract with Vodafone and have moved to another area, the area is shown by Vodafone coverage map as a good signal area.

The building i am in has no signal inside at all but go outside and its ok.

would the booster work ok inside with the signal being poor or will it just work no matter what from my household broadband connection? also can my girl friend use the booster shes on talk mobile?

i dont want to go buying it and spending so much if it does not work and then i am stuck with it!

any advice would be nice as i am just so wound up with the fact i have no signal and have got this for another 24 months!

16 REPLIES 16

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

The Vodafone SureSignal could be a great way of boosting the signal inside your home.  It connects to your broadband and basically creates your own private 3G transmitter so will work regardless of what signal you have in your area.  You can connect up to 8 Vodafone phones at one time, but you you will need minimum speed of 4.13Mbps on your broadband connection.

I'm afraid your girlfriend will not be able to use the SureSignal as she is not a Vodafone subscriber.

PWIAC

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi thelad,

drey_p is spot on there! :smileyhappy:

If the signal you're getting doesn't match the coverage map, I'd suggest checking out our network troubleshooter first. That way we can just check there's nothing else involved. If we can help you get signal indoors then it saves you needing to buy one.

We can't guarantee indoor signal, and some building materials do block signal more than others, but we'll be happy to take a look for you.

Dave

Thank you,

The link you have sent me is not working, i belive its not just my handset or set up, it is also poor for my girl friend on talk mobile witch i belive uses Vodafones network, also any friend on Vodafone that comes to my house has the same problem but the ones on o2 or Virgin are fine this is what anoys me.

drey_p

Please try this link to the the Network Troubleshooting Guide.

PWIAC

tryed the above still the same, did they want the template pasteing here?

drey_p

Yes please, just copy and paste the template and enter your results for the eForum Team to look into.

PWIAC

thanks.

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' E.g. ST1 - Stoke on trent

HD6 Brighouse,west yorkshire

1). Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

indoors works ok outdoors in open, slight poor signal (not good enough to make calls)on top floor of building.

2). What is the full postcode of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the forum, add it to your profile here.

HD6 3DN

3). Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

yes

4). Are there any issues in your area already reported on the Network Updates Board?

no

5). Does this issue happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? To check, go to the Help Centre, select your phone and then select "network".

yes

6). What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

7) When did you first notice this issue?

when i moved here

😎 Is the issue permanent or intermittent (if intermittent, are there certain times of the day ]when it occurs)? permanent

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi thelad,

I’ve had a look at your area and the coverage should be good. However, we can’t guarantee coverage indoors.

Have you tried switching your phone to use 2G only?

Thanks

Wayne

thelad
Yes no better!