Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sure signal 3 range problem

pdbirch
2: Seeker

Hi - what should the range be of the Sure Signal for a full mobile signal?

I get full signal when stood next to the unit with my iPhone5, but in my study where I need to use the phone this drops away and fluctuates between zero and two bars. The distance between the Sure Signal box and the Study is about 18 yards and no thick walls in between. The SS box is out in the open not in a cupboard or anything. I previously had a Blackberry which had no problems. But since switching to iPhone 5 last week the range has been patchy. Do I need to re-register? Its the same phone number but obviously a different type of SIM. Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

pdbirch
Hi. So I deregistered then deregistered. Still have the same problem. Near the Sure Signal box I have a full reception, 5 bars etc. But when I get to my study about 15m away I'm down to about 2 bars and it gets a bit flaky. Anything else I can do? As I said above, was fine with Blackberry but range is less with iPhone5. I work from home so need a strong signal. Help! Thanks, Paul

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Paul,

This issue may be down to the phone’s antenna.

Do you have a case on the phone? If you do, try removing it to see if this helps.

Other than that, the only alternative I can think of would be to move the Sure Signal to a different location.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi - yes I have a cover and I've removed it but made no difference. Unfortunately we only have one socket n the house for the Broadband Router so can't move the Sure Signal hub. I did notice that I have a Sure Signal 2 (in the headline to this post I'd said it was a Sure Signal 3). Does the Sure SIgnal 3 have a better/longer range?

Thanks

Paul

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pdbirch

The range would be the same, the only other thing I can think of it testing it at a different location altogether?

Thanks

Sukhi

Do you know whether the Sure Signal would work with a Power Line adaptor?

So rather than plugging it directly ino router, it would plug into a Power Line adaptor in a different room.

The Power Line adaptors are those devices that plug into the electrical supply and give you a network connection in different rooms in the house?

Thanks

Paul

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pdbirch,

It should still work without affecting the service but we can't guarantee anything 100% as they're not designed to be used in such a way. It sounds like a similar piece of kit to the Sure Signal 3 in that it's a power outlet still as well. 

Cheers, Ben