Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sure signal and new phone

seamusandj
4: Newbie

i have a new iphone 5s and so have had to change the sim card but kept the number. It wont work with sure signal and i really need it as the signal is bad around here.....what do i do 

25 REPLIES 25

As I asked earlier ..... What do I put in the box to trace the route to ?
Yet another day to wait ?
Can't you just sync it at your end like you do with others ?

Hi seamusandj, 

Apologies, as the Sure Signal is working we won't need the traceroute. 

Since re-registering your Sure Signal, have you turned your phone off and back on? If not, please do this and let us know if you're still experiencing issues. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi Kay
Yes I've switched it on and off twice and it's still the same. My daughter gets full bars and 3G on hers I on,y get one bar if I'm lucky

Hi @seamusandj,

Please try removing the number from your Sure Signal again and then re-registering it.

It may not have picked up the change on the first occasion.

Thanks,

Matt B

How do I do that as its in my number .....im the owner if you know what I mean

That's my problem too! (see "Sure Signal works for family - not for me!").  No way to remove owners number.  No way to transfer ownership.

It's annoying as I'm getting one answer a day ....might get it working by the end of this year

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @3feet 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Sarah

do you people not read the above thread ? This has all been done and is not needed......do you just type from a card ? Sort it plz .....I have been a vodafone customer for a lot of years and this is absolute crap .......

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@seamusandj 

You'll need to assign ownership to your daughters number in your administration tool and then remove your number.

Once this has been done, reset the Sure Signal and restart your phone before adding it back on and transferring the ownership.

If you're unsure how to do this, contact our Live help team who can guide you through.

DaveCD