Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sure signal box issues

johndoran
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

hi   everyone 

i  have  had  a  sure  signal  box  for  about  3  months  now   which  i  got  direct  from  vodaphone ,  i  have  been  threw   the  instructions   on  how  to  set  it  up  etc   and  also  registered    2  phones  on  the  account ,

All  the  lights   on  the  box  light   up  as   they  should  according  to  the  instructions,

The  problem   i  have  is  once  i  take  the  phones  out  of   range  from  the  sure  sigal  box   (ie  i  go  for  trip  into   town  etc  )  and  return  home   where  the  box  is  the  sure  signal  box  will  not    work  when  i  make  or  receive  a  call,   i  have  found  if  i  turn  the  phones  on  and  off   while  at  home  the box  will  work  fine  as  long  as  i   am  at  home,    once  i  go   out   and  get  out  of  range  from  the  box  and  then  return   home  i  have  the  same  problem  and  the  box  wont  work    untill  i  resett    my  phones, this   has  go  on  since  the  day  i  got  the  box,  i  have  spoke   to  tec  support  a  few  times   and  they   have  done  various  updates  and  resetts  to  the  box  and  told  me  this  will  fix  the  problem     but  it   hasnt ,

can  anyone  shed  some  light   on  how  i  go  about  getting  it   exchanged   or  a  refund  

cheers john

9 REPLIES 9

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi johndoran, 

Please let me know your Sure Signal serial number. 

Thanks, 

Kay

hi   kay

the  serial  number  is 42141628091

thanks  john

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi johndoran.

Thanks for the serial number. 

I've checked and everything from this end appears as it should. 

Please let me know what phones you're using.

I notice you made some changes within the account, has this had any affect?

Let me know what lights you're seeing on the Sure Signal.

DaveCD

hello  dave

when  i   first  got  the  box  i   was  using  a  samsumg  s4 mini  ,  since  then   i  have  used  a  samung   fame ,  and  recently   i  have  bought  myself  a  motorolla  moto g 4g,  and  my  partner   is  using  a  samsung  s3 mini and i believe she has also tried our daughters iphone 4s, the problem we are having is very consistant   regardless  of   which  phones   we  connect  to  the  box 

when  looking  at  the  box  the  red  light   is constantly on, the light next to it is constantly on and the 3rd light which i believe is a a signal indicator is constantly  on,  when  the  box  isnt  working  this  light  sequence stays  constantly  with  this 3  lights on even when i make or receive a call,once i turn the phone off and back on again  all 3 lights stay on constant   but   the  4 th  light  will  come  on  constant when  i  make or  recieve a call

cheers  john

Hi johndoran,

I've put through a resync of your Sure Signal from this end.

So that the resync completes, please do a factory reset following the steps below:

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights display, release the reset button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in about an hour 

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi  Matt

i  was  unable  to  carry  out  the  reset  you  requested   for  the  following  reason

I  pressed  down  and  held  in  the  reset  as   to  your  instructions and  in  fact  held it  down  for  well  over  a  minute   waiting  for  all  the  lights  to  show/flash  but   the  last  light  on  the  right  never  came  on in  fact  none  of  the  3    lights   went  off  when  the  reset   button  was  pressed ,  The   sequence  never  changed  from  the  sequence  in  picture  attached,

once  after  a  minute  or two    i  released  the  reset  and  at  which  point  all  the  lights  went  off  followed     shortly  after   the  red  power  button    coming  on  constant ,   shortly  after  that  the  light  next  to  it  would  come  on  flashing  for  a  approx  30  minutes  then  at  which  point  it  would  stay  on  constant and  would  be  shortly  followed   by  the  second  light   which    i  believe  is  the  signal  indicator   which   would  flash  for  a  few   minutes   then  would  go  to  constantly just  like  in  picture attached 

i  have  tried making  a  call    after  approx  another  30  minutes    and    the  light  sequence  doesnt  alther  what  so  ever, ( please  note at  no  point  in during  the  progress  of  resetting  the  box  did  the  fourth   light  come  on  )

cheers john

cheers john

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi johndoran.

When you've been changing the phones, have the SIM cards changed at all?

I can see the numbers registered but if a change of SIM has been required, they will need to be removed, a reset of the Sure Signal performed and then re-added.

Please perform the actions above, and if the fault still persists, we'll need to take a look at the hardware.

To find out what you need to do in order to get this sorted take a look at our Vodafone Repairs Thread. This can be found here.

DaveCD

hello    dave

no    we  have  only  ever   used  the    2  vodaphone  sims   card 

cheers john

hi   there

i  have  unregistered  the  box   and  then  registered   it  again  to  me  and  added  the  2   phone  numbers  to  the account   and  still  the  problem  is  there ,     i   think  its  time  that   this  box  is  returned   back  to  vodaphone

thanks  for  your  help    

cheers john