Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sure signal cuts of off calls

DT47
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have two phones registered with sure signal. Incoming calls work fine but when attempting out going calls as soon as there is an answer the call is curtailed with three beeps. This happens on both phones registered. It also happens when dialing vodfone customer support or calling 121 for messages. Several chats of 30 minutes or more on website yielded nothing. Told a reset has been done and to wait 15 mins and then taking SIM out and in again. Tried this three times after 3 separate chats but no different. Phones work fine when not having to use the sure signal device.

Whilst Sure signal allows us to get calls which otherwise we would have not received no outgoing is possible.

7 REPLIES 7

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @DT47, thanks for posting.

So we can ensure that everything is set up correctly with your Sure Signal, please complete our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, then post back your results with our template if you’re not directed to an existing thread.

Hi Natasha,

Matters have developed as the Vodafone support team reset my Sure Signal device remotely. However since then I cannot connect at all to the device so matters are worse as at least before I could get incoming calls!!

I have tried with to different phones so that is not the problem. The last suggestion was it maybe my router but given how little information Vodafone give about possible router settings issues I will try a different router if I can hold of one to ensure it isnt just the Sure Signal box itslef that is faulty. Thanks for your interest but having spent around 4 hours on the phone or on chat to support I am losing the will to live.:smileymad:

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DT47

Let us know how you get in with the different router. 

If you still face issues, please follow the steps @Tash provided above and we'll be happy to take a closer look.

Thanks,

Looking at other posts could there be an issue with port forwarding?

Vodafone website and instruction for Sure Signal seem not to mention this and suggest you just plug in and go.

If this is such an issue why is it not displayed more prominently ???

I have now tried my Sure Signal with two separate Routers and two separate phones.

Dialing 121 or 191 immediately generates 3 beeps. Dialing an external land line and the line rings out until someone answers and then immediately disconnects with 3 beeps.

Given the issues that it appears many people have with sure signal I think Vodafone should provide much more detail about issues and not over promote its "plug & go" capability.

The knowledge level  on Sure Signal of most Vodafone support people is clearly lacking and most of the time they are guessing as much as the end user. Next stop for my Sure Signal is the bin and switching my and my partners phone to a service that provides better customer support.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DT47 - I’m sorry to hear this is still ongoing.

We want to help and get this resolved. So we can take a closer look, please post back the below template with your answers: 

What light sequence you're seeing:

Your speed test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

Thanks for your response.

I confirm problem exists on both phone registered with the Sure Signal and I have tried two different Routers with same results.

Details requested are as follows

Solid Red Light and Two solid White Lights

Ping and Speed information

Ping 28ms Download 36.25 Mbps Up 9.57Mbps
IP address

Sure Signal Serial Number 42152959005

Trace route output

Traceroute has started…

traceroute to 212.183.133.177 (212.183.133.177), 64 hops max, 72 byte packets
1 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) 3.384 ms 2.556 ms 2.369 ms
2 losubs.subs.bng1.th-lon.zen.net.uk (62.3.80.17) 13.834 ms 12.682 ms 12.924 ms
3 ae1-177.cr2.th-lon.zen.net.uk (62.3.80.38) 38.374 ms 13.628 ms 12.735 ms
4 xe-8-2-2.cr0-lon1.ip4.gtt.net (77.67.66.225) 12.515 ms 12.902 ms 12.162 ms
5 xe-1-0-1.cr1-lon1.ip4.gtt.net (89.149.185.166) 12.056 ms * 13.511 ms
6 ae9-xcr1.lns.cw.net (195.2.22.217) 13.188 ms 13.937 ms 12.986 ms
7 * * *
8 * * *
9 * * *
10 * * *
11 * * *
12 * * *
13 * * *
14 * * *

Symptom remain the same i.e. dialing 121 or 191 and I get  3 beeps immediately.
Dialing an external number phone rings until answered then cut off with three beeps.

Really need an answer as otherwise Vodaphone is not really an option for either me or my partner.

Hope you can resolve.

Derek Taylor