Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sure signal fault

Gillv
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Our sure signal will not connect to the internet the white light keeps flashing and we get no signal.

We are on virgin media wireless superhub.

Our sure signal serial is 40131155430.

Please help as have no phone signal.

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:
Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

LeeH

Your speed test results from here. - download 62.77 Mbps, upload 2.99Mbps
Your ping test results from here. - 18ms jitter 1ms
Your external IP address from here. - 82.20.219.245
The results of a traceroute. - i cant do a traceroot the instructions you gave dont work on my laptop.

Your Sure Signal serial number: 40131155430

the troubleshooting guide didnt help as it doesnt show the problem we are having. the red power light is on solidly, but the white internet light keeps flashing or not being on at all, no other lights are on also.

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

This is the 2nd superhub question i've seen tonight, it sound like something isn't defautly allowing the suresignal traffic through to vodafone. Hopefully the tech team will be able to track down what. :Smiling:

I am upgrading to a VM Superhub on tuesday (all being well) so should be able to offer suggestions after that once I get home.

Usual suspects inside the router config pages would be enabling any VPN Passthrough settings if they are there, and putting the IP address of the suresignal into the DMZ.

Both of those may or may not help, but if you are happy playing around with your network at home, they are 2 fairly easy things to alter and test.