Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sure signal issue since iphone update

g4jnw
4: Newbie

Have a version 1 of suresignal and since upgrade of iphone have lost the signal - yes i have enabled 3G - my wife has a HTC and she has also lost signal - done all the usual checks on the suresignal only have one solid light on at the front (power) but have solid green light at LAN and flashing amber like the signal is going to the internet.

Have emailed vodafone to see if somehow iam blocked but since doing that I have another thought

If iam blocked and then get unblocked - Iam changing my isp to an unusual one at the end of the week (awaiting installation date) to solway communications (its a high speed internet by wireless - for solway area only)

Not sure if they use dhcp or static ip until they install - am i likely to be blocked as i change my ip address?

Am i better de-registering and re-registering?

Both myself and my wife are vodafone contract users and if we don't recieve a signal then we may look at other providers that can give us a service as we are both on call, I really dont want to spend another £100 on getting a new suresignal as my version 1 has worked since purchase and doubt its an issue with the hardware.

Have attached a picture of the serial number

Please be kind am not a techy and am in my 60s!!!!!

20 REPLIES 20

Really getting sick of this now, still just one light on (power light) still green light solid and flashing orange light at the ethernet plug/socket lights.

I now need to know

Would it make it work if I de registered and maybe registered it on my wifes account OR is the box faulty - if its faulty please give me your opinion and i'll get a new one, am sure there are plenty on here who will sell me theirs!!!!

My wife and i need mobiles as we are both on call with our jobs.

As a last ditched attempt I have deregistered and registered to my wifes account to see if the box works but there is a lot more activity now on the box so fingers crossed, if i solve it my self do i get vodafone wages?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi g4jnw,

How have you got on since you posted this morning?

If everything working ok now?

Jenny 

nope the box is back to a single power light at the front and a green light and flashing amber by the ethernet, so am thinking that the box may be caput?

Neither I or my wife has a signal.

I hoped that deregistering it and removing telephone numbers on mine and associations on my wifes, then registering it on my wifes ect would have helped but NOTHING

well left it for 24 hours and still not working

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi g4jnw,

The lights "going mad" does sound like it's trying to initialise.

There's no set time. The profile update can take longer if it hasn't connected for a while, but it should certainly be done within 24 hours.

I've done a resync following the change so give it a reset for me to see if that helps.

I did notice that you re-registered within a few minutes. We generally suggest waiting half an hour or so to allow everything to refresh. Too soon and it won't always pick up when the Sure Signal tries reconnecting.

I'd also suggest rebooting the Sure Signal and the router together, just in case anything is trapped and blocking a new connection:

- Switch off the Sure Signal.

- Switch of the router.

- Wait about 30 seconds.

- Restart the router only.

- Wait for the router to restart fully.

- Restart the Sure Signal.

If that still doesn't help, how long have you had the Sure Signal? It may just be down to age, but there's a 2 year warranty.

Dave

Have done that in the order you suggested so will see what happens, ive had the ver 1 a long time, ever since they came out so much more than 2 years

Well another 24 hours without a signal - box did usual - lights go like mad as if it were starting to work then NOTHING back to the same old lights and no signal do i presume its the box at fault now?

Have got a new one on the way and will delete the Ver1 in my wifes account and the association in mine today and that will give it time - or do I leave the old box on the accounts and just add the new one in mine, in case it starts working ????

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi g4jnw,

I can see you’ve deregistered the old Sure Signal.

Is the new one up and running and working correctly for you?

Cheers,

Andrew

Yes see the other thread you will see the new one is working ok