Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sure signal issues

iany
4: Newbie

Hi,

After having to do a reboot on the BT router last night the sure signal wont seem to allow phones to connect, its up and has the 2 white lights on, but phones wont connect.

ive tried -

rebooting our phones (2 of them, neither can connect)

rebooting sure signal 

rebooting router (again)

any idea what i can try next?

16 REPLIES 16

so it worked for a night and now its back to not doing... @Mark are you still able to help?

anyone?????

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@iany

I can see from your speed test results that your download speed is 1mb. Your Sure Signal needs a minimum download speed of 4.14mbps and an upload of 1mbps.

Please speak to your Internet provider and ask if they can increase your internet speed and this will resolve your connection issue.

iany
@mark, download speed is 17mb, this has worked for 18 months perfectly. ....

iany
Also seems to be back to working again now! If it drops under 1 mb upload would it stop working? I get 17 down fairly constant, but up may possibly vary, could this cause the intermittent problems recently?

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@iany

I'm pleased to see it's working.

This would certainly explain the difficulties you've been experiencing.

If it drops below the required speed it will stop working. When the speed meets the requirements it'll restart on it's own accord, although it may take several hours to re-establish a connection.

iany
Thanks for confirming, I'll keep an eye on it and have a word with BT if it keeps dropping, to be honest the connection was fine until they rolled out fibre in the area and now everyone's standard broadband isn't as good...