Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sure signal longevity

Kengr1
4: Newbie

ok im totally fed up with this. SS works for 3 - 4 months flawlessly. Then stops. No change to ISP, upload, dowload speed anything. contact the forum, put in all relevent questions again, again. Told its my ISP again and again. NOTHING HAS CHANGED i keepsaying. then miracoulusly (spelling) it works again flawlessy for 3-4 months.; Now gone again .   (edited in accordance with House Rules). Bye VSS good riddance. Id rather use smoke signals

40 REPLIES 40

oh come on, five days no reply ?

LeonPool
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have a version 3 SS that has suddenly stopped working. None of the lights are on, it appears to be completely dead. I reckon I have had this for 3+ years, so I am just wondering what the expected lifespan is? I certainly don't want to spend another £100 if I don't have to; is there a second hand market for these?

Leon,

I'd be v interested to hear if Vodafone helped in any way on this.

It turns out our VSS (about 20 months old - at lesst that what we recollect) just stopped working this week (its dead as a door nail).

Its just sat on a book shelf and was well ventilated - though I noticed in the past that it got hot.

V dispointed, as 1) it was a horror to get hold of in the first time - such limited numbers of these boxes.

2) As a comsumer product it is covered under standard comsumer protection, so is automatically warranted for two years.  Though I suspect I will need to jump through many hoops to get it replaced under warranty. Sigh...

3) We got it just as Vodaphone changed from the previous box which retailed at £50 to this new box that retials at £100!

And then there is just the frustration of having to pay to suplement Vodafones poor network coverage when we live just 40mins south of central London!

Regards

Peter

Vodaphone - if you are listening the model number and part numbers are and serial number on request:

M/N:- 9361 Fome Cell p3.0

Part No:- 3JR09113ABBA

Vodafone eforum people...

For your info the VSS I got was purchased on the 30th o Nov' - so less than 2yrs old...

Will visit my local V shop to see if they can help.

Wish me luck - as if its anything like trying to call a call centre person (40mins of being on the phone) it'll be a long and arduous experience.

P

Hi everyone,

Kengr1 – Thank you for letting me know.

I’ve checked your serial number: 40131004158 and it’s showing as a last connection of 29/08/13.

If a Sure Signal’s not been connected to our network for over a year, we can’t guarantee they’ll reconnect.

Can you confirm if you’ve recently, changed your SIM, your number and if 3G is enabled on your phone?

LeonPool – So we can look into this, please use of Sure Signal troubleshooting guide here.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

With regards to buying a second hand Sure Signal, we advise making sure this has been de registered by the previous owner.

pg_vodafone – Please can you also see our Sure Signal troubleshooting guide for further help here:

Thanks,

Sarah

Sara,

Thanks - I did look at the troubleshooting - hence I ended here.

Again the VSS I have has completely died.  No power to the electrical ponents, or at least no lights or mobile signal capability.  So not working as required - no repeating of mobile signal.

Dead as a Dodo.

Though of interest it is allowing power through the plug component.

As you have replied here is the serial number S/N:- 40124247822.

Thanks

P

If you bothered to read the thread ive already posted the results you ask for. What about my v1 VSS sn21196794842

that was working well a little over a week ago?  Can you check this one, ive connected it and as i say above it works for about 4 mins.  My V3 VSS is still marked as registered on your website?

Thanks Sarah, I'll take a look and answer your questions when I am at home later I the week.
Regards,
Leon

Hi Sarah,

I need your help...

I have now been online looking at the Vodafone web site (many times) I've talked twice to the customer service team on the phone [and I won't go on about how difficult that experience was - as I don't have a Vodafone account] and they have advised I can only deal with this issue via a Vodafone shop; and I have gone to my local Vodafone shop and talked with the staff, one was helpful (Addy) while the other (Sladi) was anything but helpful  But the conclusion was there was nothing they could do as our Vodafone Sure Signal was out of warranty.

In the end it boils down to the facts that:

1) I am consumer that purchased a Vodafone Sure Signal (VSS) on the 30th of November 2012, by credit card at the Fleet St Vodafone shop.

2) Said VSS stopped working last week - and is now dead (no mobile phone activity or any other obvious phone functionality).

3) It was used in accordance with the instructions and had a light user load - only my wife’s phone was connected to it and v irregularly other family members.

4) Under standard Sale of Goods Act (1979) expectations a product is expected to reasonably continue to operate if used according to the user instructions.  Further the Act expects a product that is not of "satisfactory quality... to be repaired or replaced".

5) Therefore I look to Vodafone to honour their obligations under the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

6) As there is no obvious mechanism to make a complaint on the Vodafone web site (e.g. contact details) and talking the customer service people they say i need to deal with the store.  Are you able to help?

If you are not able to assist please let me know within the next day, as I will then need to take to my local Vodafone shop?

Thanks in advance

Peter

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

Peter  – Your Sure Signal hasn’t connected to our servers since 13 October.

I’ve resynced this for you so please complete this by performing a factory reset:

1. Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports
  2. Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  3. Once the lights come back on, release the button

The Sure Signal will be back online in around 1 hour.

If you’re still having problems after doing this, please get back to us with the following:

• Your speed test results from here.
  • Your ping test results from here.
  • Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

1. Click on Start and select Run
  2. Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
  3. A black box will appear.
  4. In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
  5. Paste the output of this command into your reply.

Kengr1 – I’ve checked both of your Sure Signals:

21196794842 – Last connected to our servers on 21 October but there was a location move detected. I’ve updated this today so please reset your Sure Signal to update this (as above).

40131004158 – Last connected to our servers on 29 August

Please also get back to us with the information requested above so we can check things further.

Thanks,

Jenny