Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sure signal longevity

Kengr1
4: Newbie

ok im totally fed up with this. SS works for 3 - 4 months flawlessly. Then stops. No change to ISP, upload, dowload speed anything. contact the forum, put in all relevent questions again, again. Told its my ISP again and again. NOTHING HAS CHANGED i keepsaying. then miracoulusly (spelling) it works again flawlessy for 3-4 months.; Now gone again .   (edited in accordance with House Rules). Bye VSS good riddance. Id rather use smoke signals

40 REPLIES 40

Jenny,

Thank you so much for the reply, but...

There is a single problem to carrying out the reset.

As I stated previously the unit is not powering on, so there are no lights, no functionality, nothing.

I've tried plugging it in and pressing the reset button but that has has no effect.

For your infomation, when I brought the unit to the Vodafone shop (that I menioned previously) they too plugged it in with the same negitive result.

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter,
I have just tried this and after holding down the reset button for 30 seconds I now have a flashing red light and the yellow 'phone image' now lit up, not sure if this is going to resolve my issue, but certainly worth trying. (I had previously held down the reset button, but not for the 30 seconds recommended)
Regards,
Leon.

Thanks Leon,

Alas - I have tried that, and just tried again for good measure.  My finger gets sore holding the button down...

No its totally dead...

For clear illustration purposes [for the Vodafone people] please find attached a photo.

As can be seen the unit is getting power and passing to the forward power socket.

But there are no power lights, or anythign from the actual VSS unit as far as network connection go and 3G repeating.

Sigh...

P

Still the same situation this morning with a flashing red power light and a solid orange phone image on the far right, does this need re-syncing at the v/f end!
Regards,
Leon

Sorry, serial number is 40130615343
Regards,
Leon.

Jenny

Thanks for trying to help.  VSS sn 21196794842 is a v1 box. Ive reste as you asked, and as before after a few minutes it shows three lights, and my phone gets a signal but it only stays active for about four minutes, then the no 4 light goes out.  This happens everytime I switch the vss off and back on as well. I dont understand the location move detected, its been on the same desk in the same office since February !!Must be some problem at your end?

my v3 SS havent tried it again yet.

still not working

ok its 22.38 just powered off my v1 vss.

powered on now.

22.41 light 2 is flashing

22.42 light 1 and  2 solid, ;light 4 flashing

22.43 lights 1 2 and 4 solid

phone working

22.47 light 4 out

no signal

same everytime works for 4 mins then nothing.

This cannot be my ss, my isp, my router , my pc, (my ss ? ) just fix it please

frustrated very nearly ex vss user

you know i will keep posting

and again, vphone actually rang my mob today as a valued customer. Lost signal suprise.