Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sure signal longevity

Kengr1
4: Newbie

ok im totally fed up with this. SS works for 3 - 4 months flawlessly. Then stops. No change to ISP, upload, dowload speed anything. contact the forum, put in all relevent questions again, again. Told its my ISP again and again. NOTHING HAS CHANGED i keepsaying. then miracoulusly (spelling) it works again flawlessy for 3-4 months.; Now gone again .   (edited in accordance with House Rules). Bye VSS good riddance. Id rather use smoke signals

40 REPLIES 40

This service is just rubbish. I will wait 24 hrs. if I have no service I will burn my vss v1 and v3 ( couldnt sell and give misery to anyone else) . if I get service promise to re post. Else o2 here I come.

Kengr1,

Something else to look into is UMA.

Orange do (or at least did) it and their/EE website talks about UMA - if not a bit contracfictory about whether it still operates (http://ee.co.uk/help/mobile-and-home-connections/checking-and-improving-your-network-coverage/signal...

But critically UMA allows a phone (it must be one with UMA) to connect via wifi through to the mobile phone operator.

It has pro's and con's - but on balance from conversations with colleagues we don't understand why it is not more universally supported, by more phones and tel'cos.

It would address the issue of areas with bad signal/reception - as 9/10 people would be within spitting distance of their own premises.

And it would negate the need for expensive, hard to obtain and frankly flaky femto cell boxes (aka VSS v1 and v3)  We also have the Three version - have had two, but at least Three don;t expect you to pay for their poor coverage!..

Good luck,

P

Hi everyone,

@pg_vodafone - It's worth trying a different power cable in the Sure Signal if it's still not working. It could be a power issue that's causing the problem. If you're Sure Signal is less than 2 years old, you can arrange a repair by following the instructions here.

@LeonPool - Could you please post the information requested from Sarah. We'll then be able to assist further.

@Kengr1 - Please try a different power cable in your Sure Signal. If this doesn't work, please let us know.

Thanks, 

Matt B

didnt work

Matt B,

Thank you for the reply, alas:

1) I have a VSS v3 (so a single unit) it doesn't come with a separate power supply.

Please refer to my post of the 21/10 @ 11:08pm and the attached picture.

2) The link for repair you provided doesn't work (http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/sure-signal-longevity/m-p/vdfn..co/repair).

Instead it leads me to this screen. See attached picture.

3) Finally, I have in fact this day sent a letter to the Vodafone Customer Relations Manager (as indicated in the Vodaphone Code of Conduct).  Who I hope will be able to address and resolve this issue quickly and amicably.

Thanks again,

Peter

Matt B,

I tried that repair link again - for good measure, and received the following message (see attached picture).

P

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @pg_vodafone,

I’m sorry you were given incorrect info about Sure Signal version 3.

You can find the repair link here – Repair a faulty phone or device

Hi @Kengr1,

Looking through your previous posts, if you’ve got two Sure Signals that don’t connect, this wouldn’t be down to a Vodafone issue.

It’ll either be caused by your router or ISP. I understand your first post states that your ISP has been quoted as the original reason for your issues; however it can only be down to one of these two things.

What router are you using? Have you had any power cuts or router firmware updates that could’ve changed the router settings?

Thanks,

Simon

I had one of those online chats with vodafone today. Can you help with this Sure signal problem I have? Yes he said, ill ring your landline and connect you with the sure signal team. Well I thought, I know whats coming next, ping this etc. But no.  I was shocked, after I explained what had happened she said. oh dont worry, we just need to push you a software update. It will be back in service within 24 hours. Oh thanks I said. Hung up but sceptical. Anyway within 30 mins it was back up and running, no reset required. It now works. How long for? Well who knows.  The moral of the lonwinded story is.. The moderators on this forum dont know what they are talking about. Ring and speak to them.

I hope VSS users read this. Change power cable I was told !!!! then i knew something was dodgy. Good news still working. My advice dial 191 select a random number. Someone will ring you back and put you on to a vss team member. These guys (girls) know what to do an will fix your problem .