Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sure signal not working again

j4m13w00d
2: Seeker
Hi sure signal not worked for two weeks now. Sometimes no light sometimes light on sometimes light on with slow flashingfirst light. Can you reset this please
9 REPLIES 9

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi j4m13w00d,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Kay

j4m13w00d
Hi kay. Upload speed is 1.02 download is 8.45 ping is 70
My ip address is 95.145.112.126
Sure signal serial number is 40131978377
I don't have a pc to carry out any other things.
Kind regards and best wishes Jamie.

Hi j4m13w00d, 

I've done a resync for you, please do a reset to complete the process;

1 - Hold the reset button until all 4 lights are solid. Don't let go of the button until step 4

2 - Remove the power cable then the LAN cable

3 - Insert ONLY the power cable

4 - When the lights flash 1, 2, 3 then 4 release the reset button and wait for the unit to boot (5 minutes should do it).

5 - Insert the LAN cable and wait. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Kay

j4m13w00d
I did try a reset from this end previously but all that happened after holding the button in was the red light switched off this was held in for upto 5 minutes!. The unit doesn't have a seperate power cable either? So I can't do any of the other things you mentioned.

j4m13w00d
Hi. Still not working. Cheers .

Hi j4m13w00d,

The reset instructions for the version 3 are slightly different and can be seen here.

Do you have a Mac that you can use to run the traceroute command?

If yes, you just need to do the following.

Open Terminal (Applications, Utilities)

Type traceroute 212.183.133.177 and press Enter

So we can get a better understanding of exactly what is happening, can you also confirm which lights you are seeing on, their colour and if they’re flashing or stable?

James

j4m13w00d
Don't have a mac or a pc.
The red power light is on. The first light is white and constantly flashes. The flash is more of a fade in and out. It does this quite slowly.
Really not that happy with vodafone. Only moved onto the network due to you guys telling me I got a good signal in my area and now this problem with the sure signal! I think vodafone should let me leave my contract!

Hi j4m13w00d,

The light sequence you’re seeing shows that your Sure Signal is being configured.

The process can take up to 6 hours and, if interrupted, will start again from scratch.

I can see the Sure Signal connected to our servers at 17:12 yesterday, is it now working correctly for you?

You can check what signal you should be getting in your area here.

If the signal is less than is shown, take a look here.

If you find that there are signal issues in your area that we’re aware of, we’ll be investigating them as a matter of urgency.

This isn’t grounds for cancelling your contract.

Thanks,

Andrew

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi j4m13w00d

That light sequence suggests the Sure Signal is being configured. I can see that it connected to our servers last night. Can you confirm if it’s working now?

Thanks

Sukhi