Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sure signal problem

gillydent
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My brand new replacement suresignal stopped working after a few days.

I've rung and rung and rung and rung  vodafone over and over and over again. No one seems to be able to sort it out - feeling extremely frustrated at the waste of my time and lack of support.

The power light is solid and the 2nd (world light) is white and flashes on and off slowly. Please please please can someone here do what Vodafone support can't?

Thanks in advance! rant over 

53 REPLIES 53

This mornming (Nov. 24) our mains power went off for a few minutes.  After it came back on again I noticed that the telephone light (extreme right) had come on together with a steady red light (extreme left).  I didn't have time to watch it for any length of time but later (and now as I write) the light sequence has gone back to what it has been ever since the end of the first week - mostly a flashing red light and a steady orange light beside it.  Occasionally it changes to a steady red light and a flashing white light beside it, but not for long.

I hope all that means something  to you.  Thank you for keeping me in your sights despite my irritability.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Innominate

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Mark

Still not working, after 21 days , What fantastic support you offer. There is no issue with my broadband as I am using it to contact you. This has only worked for a week since you sent it to me. Please do something about it.

If this is not resolved within 24 hours I will contact Watchdog and Trading Standards.

Stll Not Working

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tag1956

The light sequence you are seeing indicates the Sure Signal has lost connection to your broadband service.

As you've tried a different ethernet cable, please try the below steps.

Power down your Sure Signal and remove from your router, power down your router and leave this switched off for 10 minutes. Restart your router, once it’s reconnected to the internet reconnect your Sure Signal and hold the reset button for around 8 seconds.

If this doesn’t resolve your issue try connecting the Sure Signal in a different location. Once you’ve gained a connection try it at home again.

If you’re still unable to connect when you’ve done this please contact us and we’ll look further into this for you.

Thanks,

Mark

Already done that weeks ago. I do not have an alternative location to take the box to, or the time to do this. I am the customer who pays your wages NOT an engineer who is doing your fault finding. Further requests of this nature will result in an invoice of £250+VAT per hour for my time to find your fault.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Tag1956

You'll need to do as Mark suggested and try connecting your Sure Signal in another location, such as a friend or family member's house. You’ll need to leave it connected for at least 24 hours.

We'll then be able to determine if the problems are specific to your location and router or with the Sure Signal itself.

I've got exactly the same problem.
I replaced old iPhone 5 with iPhone 6 & tried to change registry on suresignal. Old blackberry still worked, but new iPhone 6 didn't. And still doesn't. I've spent MANY hours on LIVECHAT with no explanation. I even bought a new suresignal and that doesn't work either. It just flashes "setting up" or "can't access Vodafone". Also, website won't allow new users to be added.
Feedback is wholly unacceptable.
The solution, of course, is to provide a better signal. BTW, I live in central London.
Old serial no. 21196953414 . New serial no. 42164450118

@ChazD I do not have anywhere else to take it to try, and quite frankly if I did I would invoice you for my time in doing so. This box is still not working a month after reporting it to You. Please reset it.This was a brand new box which worked perfectly for two weeks. Nothing has changed, no cables have changed...only your service, or lack of it!