Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sure signal transfer to business user

fosterel
2: Seeker

Hi I hope one of the tech people can give me a definitive answer on this as it is now becoming urgent. I am leaving vodafone as of Friday. I have a sure signal registered in my name, but my husband uses it too, he has a vodafone business phone through his work and needs to keep the sure signal for that. We have both asked a couple of times how to transfer the sure signal to him and both had different answers from business and on here on the online forum. The main problem which noone seems to pick up on is that a business user cannot register their account on my vodafone and hence cannot manage the sure signal.

The latest suggestion from business was that I add him as an admin on the my vodafone website, then once my account is closed that he uses my login details to manage the account. However I am seeing things on the forum which suggest that once my account is closed I will not be able to use my vodafone and hence I won't even be able to deregister the sure signal never mind my husband use it to administer the sure signal.

Can someone please help before we are in this situation! The only possible alternative solution I can come up with is to register the sure signal on a PAYG sim card that we don't intend to use and then add him as a user. Any better ideas?

Eleanor

4 REPLIES 4

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

Are you sure a business user cannot sign up to the My Account?

There isn't much to do in there once signed in, but I have created one, and have 15+ suresignals attached to it.

fosterel
He has tried before without success but that was a while ago, I could get him to try again. Thanks

grolschuk

If that does not work, it will be interesting to see if an account can be created for him behind the scenes.

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi fosterel,

Once you de-register the Sure Signal it’ll stop working. It is possible for a business customer to have a Sure Signal registered in their name as grolschuk has confirmed.

Once you’ve deregistered the Sure Signal before your account is closed, I’d suggest that your husband contact the team that looks after his account and see if they can register it on his behalf.

Thanks,

Andrew