Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sure signal

kimstock88
2: Seeker
What's the difference between sure signal and open sure signal. How do I no witch one I need?
4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

A SureSignal device is one that you can buy from your local Vodafone store or online at a price of £100, and install in your own home to provide you with your own personal 3G transmitter over your broadband connection.

Rural Open Sure Signal is a similar concept just on a larger scale.  The transmitters will cover a larger area such as a village instead of just being in your home.  More on ROSS here.  If you are interested in ROSS, you will have to apply for your village to get it. 

PWIAC

kimstock88
Thanks. I've got a sure signal box but I have satellite broadband and have been told by the company we have our broadband with that they are compatible,however it's not registering. Any ideas? We've reset it and checked the registration details already. And the speed is ok for it.

drey_p

I was under the impression that the SureSignal doesn't support satellite broadband and is designed to work with a fixed broadband connection. 

EDIT: taking a look here, it does state: Also, Sure Signal won't work on satellite broadband.

So, that would be why it isn't working for you.

PWIAC

kimstock88
Oh ok thanks