Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sure signal

jimiliff
3: Seeker

Does suresignal create a phone signal eg for vodaphone, even though there is no phone signal in an area?   ie, does vodaphone already feed all mobile signals into the BT landline that becomes wifi inside the house?

I used to have  UMA from Orange, but it's stopped working.  Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It provides a connection to the Vodafone network, "Users" means the individuals who have a connection to the Vodafone Network and who you have registered as authorised users of your Sure Signal.

Sure signal requires 1GB but the user experience won't be great if that's your limit, especially if someone else is using your broadband via tablet or PC.

..and it's Vodafone, not "Vodaphone"  :Smiling:

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

jaredellam

I think it creates a 3g signal to connect you

I don't understand. If no signal in the air, how can a connection to broadband connect me to the signal?

The 'signal' is just a wireless connection to the Vodafone network, so a sure signal provides an alternate route to the same network via your home broadband.

thanks, I'm beginning to understand BUT this only works for Vodaphone presumably, so other phone users in my house are still in the cold?

Also, our broadband is very weak ie 1gBps download, at best, so I think not adequate for Suresignal, reading the requirements! Thanks in anticipation!

It provides a connection to the Vodafone network, "Users" means the individuals who have a connection to the Vodafone Network and who you have registered as authorised users of your Sure Signal.

Sure signal requires 1GB but the user experience won't be great if that's your limit, especially if someone else is using your broadband via tablet or PC.

..and it's Vodafone, not "Vodaphone"  :Smiling:

Is the Sure Signal the same (but stronger) as the  mast network, or is it  sent out from the wifi  in the house? I ask because my Nokia 6301 can still receive vodafone signal when away from house, but has ceased to connect to my wifi at all. (No help fromOrange or Nokia or BT on this!)

If I buy SureSignal, and it works thro wifi, I may still be without domestic signal!  Help!

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

A sure signal is like having a mini mast in the house. It doesn't interfere with your own Wi Fi signal. You get both a perfect 3G signal and Wi Fi.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png